Company: Linguistic Society of America
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Meetings Manager Under the direction of the Executive Director
of the LSA, Meetings Manager will provide leadership and
professional expertise in the planning and implementation of all
LSA events. Responsibilities
- Plan, execute and evaluate all aspects of the LSA-- - -s Annual
Meeting, in consultation with the Program Committee and Executive
- Develop budgets and monitor revenue/expenses for LSA-sponsored
- In consultation with the Executive Director, develop a
marketing plan for LSA-sponsored events to increase abstract
submissions, attendance, exhibitors, advertisers and sponsors.
- Liaise with sister societies that co-locate their annual
meetings with the LSA-- - -s to coordinate logistics and other
- Develop and disseminate RFPs for potential meeting sites;
evaluate proposals received, and recommend preferred sites to the
Executive Committee and Executive Director. Negotiate contracts for
meeting site and services in consultation with Executive
- Plan, execute and evaluate LSA webinars, in consultation with
Editors, committee leaders and staff as appropriate.
- Provide support for the Linguistic Institute and CoLang, in
consultation with the Institute and the Fellowships Committee.
- Assist with planning and logistics for LSA Executive Committee
meetings, marketing and registration for LSA sponsored conferences,
and other events as appropriate.
- Assist the Executive Director with planning the annual awards
program and business meeting of the LSA.
- Identify and participate in discussions with the LSA Executive
Committee and Executive Director on strategies, opportunities,
potential conflicts and other issues related to the successful
implementation of events.
- Maintain and enhance web content for events, in consultation
with LSA staff and web developer. PandoLogic. Keywords: Meeting and
Convention Manager, Location: Washington, DC - 20006
Keywords: Linguistic Society of America, Washington DC , Meetings Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!