Program Manager, Learning Services
Company: NAFSA: Association of International Educators
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director, IEM-ISS
Services, the Program Manager in partnership with the Director of
Programs and Training plays a pivotal role in ensuring high quality
production of programs, trainings, meetings, and customer service.
The Program Manager is responsible for managing registration,
promotion, logistics billing and evaluations for a variety of
programs and trainings. Additionally, the Program Manager has an
important role in ensuring the success of the Trainer Corps
program.Major Functions and Responsibilities:Manage and implement
program marketing information, registration, enrollment reporting,
evaluations, and logistics for in-person and virtual programs and
- Create registration events, rosters, compile and disseminate
reports in collaboration with other departments as necessary.
- Develop promotional marketing content for assigned programs,
trainings and events. Coordinate with Marketing and other
departments to disseminate promotional messages through various
- Review, update and maintain relevant webpages in coordination
with web content staff.
- Input program and trainer data into databases, learning
management systems, and other software.
- Respond to inquiries about program registration or content and
provide high level of customer service and support.
- Provide participants preparatory materials per program
- Work with trainers/presenters to address program space set-up,
special material needs, and equipment requirements.
- Maintain project and organization-wide scheduling
- Manage scheduling, room and/or virtual space assignments, and
on-site logistics for in-person programs.
- Coordinate evaluation and certificate process for assigned
programs including disseminating survey, preparing reports for
distribution to stakeholders. For assigned programs, support
volunteer member leaders, presenters, fellows and trainers. (25%)
- Ensure presenters and trainers have necessary information for
planning, traveling, and presenting programs by co-facilitating
trainer orientations with appropriate member leaders and
- Manage scheduling and logistics for in-house, off-site, and
virtual leader meetings and support by following up on action
- Produce and track presenter and team agreements.
- Provide trainers with access to up-to-date curriculum and
materials in preparation for program/workshop delivery.
- Provide on-going customer service and support to trainers,
presenters, program participants, and volunteers.
- Prepare track, and reconcile invoices and/or reimbursements for
presenters, trainers, and sites, based on the agreed upon program
- Produce and email thank you letters to volunteer presenters,
trainers, and project team members.
- Coordinate and manage the dissemination of participant
workbooks and other materials, produce supplementary materials,
agendas and handouts. Arrange for timely shipment of materials to
- Provide planning, preparation, and day-of delivery support to
assigned training teams. Support volunteer trainer and reviewer
recruitment, application, and notification processes for assigned
- Ensure marketing messages are prepared and advertised for open
positions through various channels.
- Create and track online applications for volunteer training
- Manage web-based application portal.
- Create web-based application review forms.
- Recruit and orient application reviewers.
- Compile information for review teams.
- Coordinate and send final notifications.
- Provide customer service and support to applicants and review
teams. Maintain and support Trainer Corps program. (10%)
- Update Trainer Corps members' database records.
- Update, implement and oversee the logistics and asynchronous
components of the Trainer Corps Induction Program
- Track RSVPs to and involvement/follow-through in Trainer Corps
preparation, enrichment, and involvement program activities.
- Record inductee participation in preparation program
- Track Trainer Corps members' delivery of workshops.
- Create and provide Trainer Corps lists when requested.
- Serve as staff support to Trainer Corps Ambassadors
- Serve as co-editor for quarterly Trainer Corps Times
Newsletter. Manage the Workshop Resource Center (WRC) at the Annual
- Review and up-date all staff and volunteer roles and
responsibilities related to annual conference workshops virtually
- Create, maintain, and disseminate schedule of WRC staff and
volunteers for annual conference.
- Serve as point-of-contact for virtual and in-person conference
needs for workshops.
- Recruit, assign, train, and manage WRC staff and volunteers
prior to and during annual conference.
- Model and provide high quality support and service to annual
conference workshop trainers and participants, volunteers, and
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and concerns and provide
necessary support and follow-up. Update assigned program materials.
- Update program and training materials and web pages according
to NAFSA Style Guide standards.
- Support development and design of program materials and
handouts, work with subject matter experts to implement curriculum
- Provide quality checks on program materials.
- Pursue copyright permissions for curriculum materials when
necessary. Undertake and complete additional projects assigned by
Senior Director and Director in support of LPDS related programs,
products and services. (10%)
- Provide support to the Academy, eMDP, and NAFSA online learning
portfolio as necessary.
- Research, compile data/reports
- Serve as back-up support for LPDS related products, programs
and services logistics including registration, customer service,
and technology support when necessary.
- Assists Deputy Executive Director on special projects or
initiatives projects as needed. Performs other duties as assigned
by the Senior Director and Deputy Executive Director to support
achievement of strategic goals and objectives. (5%) Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- At least two years of previous work experience
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including
- Demonstrated ability to plan, take initiative, set priorities,
and exercise sound judgment in a complex, fast-moving
- Experience with database software, as well as various web or
cloud-based conferencing platforms
- Ability to master various technology, web, and data management
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products Desired
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products
- Exposure to or experience in volunteer engagement and/or
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or
other association membership, or nonprofit organization Scope of
Supervision The position does not have supervisory
responsibilities.Work Relationships As representatives of a
membership organization with a broad and diverse range of
activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess
more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is
expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the
organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect
colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive
attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.Office
Environment The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The
week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities,
especially for the annual conference, regional meetings, and other
leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference
the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job
requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.About
NAFSA: Association of International Educators NAFSA: Association of
International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to
building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world
through advancing international higher education. With
approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world's largest
professional development and advocacy organization committed to
international learning and creating a more globally engaged,
welcoming, and educated United States. NAFSA believes that
international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters
understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and
perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent
individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We
believe that international education lies at the core of an
interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and
well-being for all. NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates
diversity but believes it is our strength..... click apply for full
Keywords: NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Washington DC , Program Manager, Learning Services, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!