Grants Manager (Remote)
Company: Activation Capital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Do you believe in the power of innovation to change the world?
At Activation Capital, our mission is to help cultivate high-growth
entrepreneurship. We provide a portfolio of resources to
entrepreneurs and entrepreneur support organizations translating
science and technology into world-changing companies. We are a
self-sustaining, mission-driven organization at an inflection point
in our growth.
The Grants Manager will play a critical role in helping the
organization effectively execute portions of its strategy funded by
federal, state, and local grants. This part-time contract position
requires strong writing, analysis, budgeting, and project
management skills. This position has the potential to become a
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administration for the grants process throughout all
stages, including preparing, processing, issuing, and tracking
grants/assistance awards and compliance with reporting grant
requirements, assuring that submitted documentation meets all
organizational and legal requirements.
- Collaborate across regional and functional teams to support
compliance with relevant policies, legislation, and guidance.
- Serves as liaison between the U.S. Federal/State/Local
Government and external customers, recipients, and awardee
community to clarify, interpret, and resolve issues.
- Oversees standard terms and conditions for state and federal
grant award letters and agreements. Monitor, assess, and ensure
awardee complies with all terms and conditions of awards. For
federal awards, the Grants Manager should be well versed in the
Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and the Catalog of Federal
Domestic Assistance (CFDA). For state or local grants, the Grants
Manager should be a quick study to become well versed in the
- Ensures compliance with internal controls over major
- Designs, develops, implements, and interprets grants management
policies, procedures, and practices (i.e., procurement policy).
- Ensures all task owners and sub-recipients complete their
assigned duties and submit their deliverables (e.g., financial
reports, program progress reports) on time.
- Ensures that everyone implementing a grant tracks his/her time
and effort for the work performed.
- Ensures grant dollars are only spent on allowable items (this
applies to both in-kind and direct grant expenditures) and are
documented properly (i.e., with receipts, contracts, etc.).
- Manages drawdown requests and quarterly disbursements.
Evaluation & Reporting
- Completes required forms for state/federal grants for periodic
- Conducts program evaluation, including monitoring and assessing
awardee performance, and establishing performance measures.
- Initiates and/or recommends when an audit must be performed
under the Uniform Guidance.
- Conducts resolution of audit findings or monitoring audit
- Conducts post-award reviews and analyses to identify
management, financial, and admin issues.
- Performs final review of completed awards, making appropriate
adjustments or disallowances, processing close-outs, and ensuring
compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or
certification in a specialty area.
- Minimum of five years' work experience managing federal
- Proven success in written, verbal, and online
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and
multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in using various computer software programs,
including but not limited to grant management software eCivis.
- Experience with the Notice of Award (NOA) to properly track
costs for the grant.
- Strong project management experience to ensure grant
implementation remains on time and on budget.
- Experience with proposal budgets and financial reports and
ability to convey information in narrative form as well as
Keywords: Activation Capital, Washington DC , Grants Manager (Remote), Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!