Company: Linguistic Society of America
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the LSA, Meetings
Manager will provide leadership and professional expertise in the
planning and implementation of all LSA events.
- Plan, execute and evaluate all aspects of the LSA-- - -s Annual
Meeting, in consultation with the Program Committee and Executive
- Develop budgets and monitor revenue/expenses for LSA-sponsored
- In consultation with the Executive Director, develop a
marketing plan for LSA-sponsored events to increase abstract
submissions, attendance, exhibitors, advertisers and
- Liaise with sister societies that co-locate their annual
meetings with the LSA-- - -s to coordinate logistics and other
- Develop and disseminate RFPs for potential meeting sites;
evaluate proposals received, and recommend preferred sites to the
Executive Committee and Executive Director. Negotiate contracts for
meeting site and services in consultation with Executive
- Plan, execute and evaluate LSA webinars, in consultation with
Editors, committee leaders and staff as appropriate.
- Provide support for the Linguistic Institute and CoLang, in
consultation with the Institute and the Fellowships
- Assist with planning and logistics for LSA Executive Committee
meetings, marketing and registration for LSA sponsored conferences,
and other events as appropriate.
- Assist the Executive Director with planning the annual awards
program and business meeting of the LSA.
- Identify and participate in discussions with the LSA Executive
Committee and Executive Director on strategies, opportunities,
potential conflicts and other issues related to the successful
implementation of events.
- Maintain and enhance web content for events, in consultation
with LSA staff and web developer.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Meeting and Convention Manager, Location:
Washington, DC - 20006
Keywords: Linguistic Society of America, Washington DC , Meetings Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!