Software Engineering Manager - Remote
Company: PAR Technology
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Software Engineering Manager - Remote
Hi there! Have you noticed that the restaurant industry is
We're PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals
and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously.
As a leading provider of restaurant technology to the top
restaurant brands in the world we're calling all rebels,
instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing
team. If you've excelled at every job you've held but always
thought something was missing, please, read on.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager to join
our Enterprise POS team leading our Admin Portal website and
backend services teams. Brink POS is our industry leading
cloud-based solution for front and back of house restaurant
operations. You will partner with our product team to help define
the vision, and the technical engineering roadmap and strategy to
deliver that vision. You favor data driven decision making and have
a customer-oriented focus. You will be the leader of your teams,
owning a set of highly visible engineering goals and deliverables.
To be successful, you will bring strong people management,
technical leadership, and a track record of developing and
implementing new ideas and leading technical development teams.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of nine (9) years of software development
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing Software
- Bachelor's in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field,
or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and comfort with agile software development
principles and practices
- Strong technical experience in C# / .NET or equivalent
- Experience with large-scale, distributed, micro-service or
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or
- Experience with asynchronous architectures and patterns
- Experience with serverless AWS architecture
- Strong analysis skills and the ability to synthesize multiple
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems with off-the-shelf
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive communication style; ability to question, clarify and
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks and projects to
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Experience working with contractors and remote teams
Why We Need You
- Manage a team of Software Development and QA Engineers
- Partner with Product and the Engineering teams to analyze,
design, and develop system features and functionality within an
- Work with the Engineering leads and Architects to propose
architecture and design optimizations and drive them through
implementation and ownership of the technical debt roadmap.
- Work with the development and testing teams to ensure
consistent, high quality deliveries
- Manage projects as needed to ensure adherence to budget,
schedule, and scope, while dynamically adjusting for any
- Continually strive for increased efficiency and quality
- Maintain highly cohesive and collaborative relationships with
team members and other coworkers
- Recruit, train, mentor, coach developers and QA team
- Regularly engage with direct reports to assess and promote job
satisfaction and career growth
- Perform performance reviews and complete other managerial
employee-related paperwork and processes as needed
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality concerning PAR's and
Who We Are
PAR invented the FIRST point of sale terminal over 40 years ago,
yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant
technology. PAR's solutions are used to serve tens of millions of
guests every day in over 120 countries. Our mission is to build the
number one restaurant technology company in the world and we're off
to great start. We believe our customers want technology that is
open and fast that enables their ability to innovate.
We're looking for people who are hungry to go beyond the idea of
'just a job'. PAR's not for everyone though: We work hard, and we
really reward success. We push ourselves and each other to be
better every day. We're ferocious in battle but gentle in spirit.
We're hands-on people. We keep our room clean and make our bed
because details matter. We believe it is better to be fast than
big, and that being both is best. We believe diversity creates
strong systems and communities. We experiment. Sometimes we break
things, but we learn quickly. We're honest and our intentions are
good. And we always offer the last slice of dessert to our guests.
We've got each other's and our customers' backs no matter what.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to
attract and retain great people; people who are up for the
challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong
here, we should meet!
PAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Keywords: PAR Technology, Washington DC , Software Engineering Manager - Remote, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!