Public Affairs Sales Director
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DSPolitical is hiring for a Public Affairs Sales Director to
further solidify DSPolitical as the leader in targeted advertising
for Democratic and progressive digital campaigns by growing our
presence in the market.
DSPolitical works hard to provide our clients with innovative
solutions based on the diverse perspectives of our team. To that
end, we're committed to recruiting team members from a wide range
of backgrounds and experiences. DSPolitical is an equal opportunity
employer. We encourage applicants of all races, colors, gender
identities, religions, ages, sexual orientations, national and
ethnic origins, disabilities, marital status, veteran status and
all backgrounds. DSPolitical job offers are contingent on the
results of a background check.
Who Are We?
DSPolitical pioneers the best integration of data and technology to
persuade audiences and deliver wins for Democratic and progressive
candidates, causes, issues with the most efficient and effective
digital advertising campaigns in politics and issue advocacy.
DSPolitical doesn't just offer solutions -- we create them. Our
team works hand-in-hand to develop and deploy leading-edge
solutions, uniquely crafted to reach the audiences our clients need
to be successful in both the public affairs and political
About The Position
The Public Affairs Sales Director provides support to the Senior
Vice President of Business Development and Business Development
team. Responsible for driving revenue through developing new public
affairs relationships while also maintaining and expanding our
existing client relationships. Responsible for soliciting and
responding to RFPs, developing strategic media budgets and plans,
and developing and executing outreach and visibility strategies.
Works in conjunction with Business Development to help reach sales
quotas within the Public Affairs vertical.
Drives revenue through maintaining and expanding existing client
relationships and forming new ones. Writes RFPs, budgets, and media
plans. Understands job duties and largely works independently, but
asks for assistance as needed.
- Proactively lead the sales process, following up on leads,
sourcing RFPs, writing proposals, networking and sourcing new
business, and pitching to current and potential clients.
- Works with Senior Leadership to set sales goals, and takes
accountability for achieving them.
- Partner with clients to provide exceptional customer service
and creatively solve problems.
- Manage outreach to new clients through cold calls and
- Successfully perform online demos and in-person pitches to
achieve new sales
- Develop and execute client-focused strategic media plans and
- Manage and maintain pre-existing relationships with a network
of progressives, media consultants and public affairs firm
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate may also have extensive experience in some or
all of the following:
- Building a network of consultants and contacts in the Public
Affairs, Democratic and progressive, digital, and/or political
- Managing multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Strong track record of creating and managing sales plans.
- Creative mind, goal-oriented mindset with demonstrated
- Ability to thrive in an environment where structure and
flexibility combine to meet clients' needs.
- Proficiency with project management tools, such as Asana.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
DSPolitical is proud to offer:
- Base salary that commensurates with experience with an
opportunity for limitless earning potential via commissions.
- Open leave (paid time off)
- Paid leave for new parents
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees (including
dental and vision)
- Flex Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with company matching
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Mobile phone & home internet reimbursement and much more!
This position is remote friendly. Due to COVID-19, we are remote
for the 2021 year. In 2022 and beyond, we will be working on a
hybrid basis with many team members working entirely from home.
Work hours are consistently 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday -
Friday, with the expectation that evening and weekend work will be
required as necessary.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: DSPolitical, Washington DC , Public Affairs Sales Director, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!