Founding Property Manager (NOVA General Manager)
Company: Atlas Lane
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Atlas Lane is a full-service leasing and property management
company serving the single-family rental (SFR) housing sector.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, Atlas Lane works directly with
hundreds of small property owners and thousands of renters to
provide great homes that also make for sound investments. Atlas
Lane is on a mission to build a world where everyone lives in the
right home at the right time, so they can focus on what fulfills
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, high-performing property
manager to help launch Atlas Lane in Northern Virginia (NOVA). As
our first Property Asset Manager in the NOVA market, you'll have
the opportunity to build a team from scratch and define the market
for our company. Working with the back office services we've built
out (bookkeeping, application processing, maintenance and repair
support), you'll manage our NOVA portfolio and help us become the
market-leading single family property manager in the area.
If you've ever wanted to join a company from the ground up and
control your own portfolio of business, let's chat.
- Become an entrepreneur within the safe confines of an
- Build your own portfolio with limitless income potential as
your rent roll scales.
- Work within an established property management business with
sound financials and the ability to meaningfully invest in making
- Build a team and contribute to a culture of hard-work and merit
without sacrificing work-life balance.
- Work with a team of passionate A+ players looking to modernize
a traditional industry.
- As a Property Asset Manager, you'll be the quarterback for our
owner's properties their single point-of-contact to provide status
updates, recommendations, and manage any ongoing projects at the
home. You'll work with our Maintenance and Repair Phone Triage,
Bookkeeping, and Application Processing teams to resolve issues
quickly and ensure the ball is never dropped.
- Onboarding new clients (and their properties) into the Atlas
Lane ecosystem: collecting key information, setting expectations,
ensuring state/municipal compliance, and ensuring a smooth
transition to management. You'll perform our comprehensive
onboarding inspections (and, eventually, work with a full-time
Maintenance & Repair Coordinator to do so), creating punch lists of
work to be done, reviewing/approving quotes, and managing the
various vendors required to get the home "Rent Ready".
- Identifying, evaluating, and onboarding new vendors into the
Atlas Lane network to support our growing collection of homes.
- Managing ongoing Maintenance and Repair projects, ensuring our
various vendors are resolving issues quickly and cost
- Working with our bookkeeping team to run weekly billing,
monthly rent collection, and monthly Owner Disbursement efforts for
- Marketing soon-to-be vacant properties for-rent online;
Providing updates and recommendations to your clients in an effort
to maximize speed to lease; Conducting tours for interested
prospective tenants; Recruiting and training part-time Leasing
Consultants to help perform tours.
- As our NOVA portfolio grows, you'll have the opportunity to
recruit, train, and coach new members of the NOVA team (Property
Managers, Leasing Consultants, M&R Coordinators) as Atlas Lane
further expands into the market.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in residential single-family home
- Must have a valid VA Real Estate License.
- Knowledge of VA real estate law, rules, and regulations.
- B.A. preferred, High School Diploma required.
- Tech savvy with the ability to use G-Suite products and
property management software, bonus points for experience with
Appfolio or Showmojo.
- High degree of accuracy, organization, and attention to
- Strong interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) and the
ability to cultivate relationships.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
You're Exceptionally Organized.
You never drop the ball, forget to send that email, or forget to
You're Self Reliant.
You know what you know, and you know how to ask for help on what
you don't. Once you confident enough to execute, you're capable of
doing so with minimal oversight.
You're a Problem-Solver, First and Foremost.
You're obsessed with solving problems and will do whatever-it-takes
to solve them.
You Care About Making an Impact.
You want to make a difference: in how people behave or how the
world perceives a job/role/function, and you want the freedom and
capability to make that difference.
You're a People Person.
You can connect with people from all walks of life - old or young,
white collar or blue collar.
You're highly reflective and capable of effectively communicating
your feelings in near-real-time.
You hate resentment and you love open communication, even the hard
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Atlas Lane, Washington DC , Founding Property Manager (NOVA General Manager), Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!