SAP Project Manager
Company: Taa Solutions Llc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Project Manager - Senior is a member of the Infrastructure
Platform services, department specific PMO, managing SAP related
technology projects within the Information Technology department.
The Project Manager follows the best practices and utilizes Project
Management tools, methodologies and processes to successfully keep
projects on budget and schedule through to full implementation and
rollout of all hardware and software. These are large, complex
programs and projects involving multiple departments at Amtrak as
well as different outside vendors and sub vendors depending upon
the program/project. The Project Manager utilizes formal project
management monitoring and control processes including, but not
limited to, managing the project schedule, tracking and mitigating
project risks and issues, formal change management, configuration
management, quality assurance processes, budget preparation,
tracking and reporting*Special SkillsetEssential Functions
- Directs technical leads and other project team members and
- Development and maintenance of all required project documents
including 1) A Project Charter 2) A Project Management Plan 3)
Requirements documents 4) Design documents 5) Input to architecture
documents 6) Test Plan 7) Test results 8) Implementation Plans 9)
Post Implementation and Lessons Learned 10) Project schedules and
budgets 11) Resource management plans
- Produces weekly program status reports for each program.
- Hold project status and other meetings as necessary.
- Manages the project schedule via the use of MS Enterprise
Project Management (EPM) and MS Project Professional 2010.
- Reports schedule and budget variances
- Creates and maintains SharePoint project site for each project
within the EPM system.
- Ensure there are quality and well maintained project schedules,
baselines and estimates to complete program/project and report
- Reports on risks and provides ongoing risk management plan,
risk assessment and mitigation within a program/project.
- Reports on ongoing issues and changes utilizing existing
processes and templates and publishing reports within a
- Creates and publishes weekly status report of activities,
accomplishments, issues and action to resolve issues.
- Identifies and ensures all activities required to successfully
meet the operational readiness review are completed on time.
- May create a Statement of Work (SOW) for the Request for
Proposal (RFP) and associated vendor response evaluation. Verify
the creation of all documents from vendors as outlined in the SOW
or creation of new ones as required.
- Evaluates criteria for product and proposal
- Deliver programs and projects on schedule and on budget
- Present projects at the Quality Checkpoints
- Present projects at the Department Level Project
- Bachelors degree in Project Management, Accounting, Business
Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Information
Systems or an equivalent combination of work experience, training
- At least ten years experience and significant hands-on Program
and Project management experience from project initiation to
implementation using formal project management methodologies and
- At least ten years experience and significant experience in
technology management, analysis and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external
stakeholders with evidence of willingness and ability to express
and protect departmental interests.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated effective communicator and writer, able to tailor
message to receiving audience.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated experience using MS Project Office Professional
and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project
Server (EPM), Primavera, etc.Preferred
- At least five years experience with project management of SAP
- At least five years experience with project management tools
such as Microsoft Project Server (EPM), etc.
- PMP CertifiedJob Types: Full-time, ContractPay: $87,933.00 -
$968,134.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayAbility to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Preferred)Education:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Experience:
- IT project management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Project initiation to implementation: 9 years (Preferred)
- SAP Project management: 5 years (Preferred)Work Location:
Multiple Locationsby Jobble
Keywords: Taa Solutions Llc, Washington DC , SAP Project Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!