Company: Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Title: Operations Manager
Location: Vienna, VA (temporarily remote)
Travel: Up to 25%
Midnight Sun Technologies is looking to hire an Operations
Looking for an experienced Operations Manager to oversee the
company's operations. This is the perfect opportunity for someone
who wants to be a part of a small company that is undergoing
exciting growth and development. Individual will initiate, plan &
control multiple concurrent projects. This includes the management
of government contracts, serving as the primary customer point of
contact for all operational issues on smaller contracts, providing
support for Contract PMs, providing proposal support for new
business, supporting new contract Phase-In periods, and other
- Provides exceptional customer service to our government
customers, vendors and employees.
- Provides overall management of specific projects and tasks and
ensures that technical solutions, schedules and project
deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and communicates with the customer
to address potential problems, issues, and/or risks that may impact
the mission and/or contract deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with the various contracts, and
- Participates in scheduled and ad hoc site visits. Hosts project
kickoffs, project reviews and project close outs as
- Manages and monitors project cost, schedule, technical
performance, staffing, materials, security, deliverables, quality
and metric objectives and milestones of the contract.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government
policies and standards.
- Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned
- Performs program financial management, including financial
analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management,
reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and
administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
- Collaborates with multiple functions while always owning
- Recruits and retains the required mix of personnel with the
appropriate qualifications, expertise, and experience to perform
the duties and responsivities needed.
- Support proposal efforts this includes but not limited to
market research, creating response templates, interview SME's to
obtain information for document creation, writing, preparation and
review of technical and cost proposals.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to
senior management as requested.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities. Perform market
research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis
of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer
preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent
strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors,
clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements,
acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle
- Stay abreast of industry issues and building relationships with
Government POCs and industry partners
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent relevant experience may be
substituted for a degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of program management
- Proven ability to manage projects with multiple facets,
deliverables and various moving parts. This includes identifying
risks in the project and creating projections.
- Ability to think strategically, identify opportunities, solve
problems, and propose solutions.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing technical documents
(may be requested to provide a writing sample)
- Ability to communicate verbally and write effectively with all
employees, vendors and customers
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and
working in an environment which requires flexibility. Experience
developing and delivering effective presentations to a variety of
- Strong understanding of Government Contracting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to self-prioritize work, work both independently and as
part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office
software suite Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must be able to pass a government background investigation and
obtain the appropriate government access. Desired Skills:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification
- Previous experience writing proposals and responses to Federal
Task Orders, RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and Sources Sought. Apply online at
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all
responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in
this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability,
family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation,
political affiliation, veteran's status, gender identity or any
other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims
Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual
requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant
certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders
and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please view Equal Employment
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here . Successful candidate
must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol
policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check
Keywords: Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, Washington DC , Operations Manager, Executive , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!