DOT Facility Manager-Shuttle Operations
Company: LAZ Parking
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time
driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!LAZ Parking is
one of the largest and fastest-growing parking companies in the
country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces
across the country. When it comes to parking, we're the experts!We
are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say "parking is our
industry but people are our passion." Our mission is to "create
opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If
you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people
committed to being the best - contact us today!
The DOT Facility Manager-Shuttle Operations oversees the operations
of a location(s), under the direction of the Operations Manager to
ensure professional shuttle service. As a company devoted to
promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the
Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from
our home office and help to support the individual needs of their
operational teams throughout their assigned location(s).Principal
- Lead, direct, and develop a team of shuttle drivers in
Washington, DC for two hospital contracts
- Manage, plan, schedule, train, and direct the activities of
on-site shuttle drivers.
- Identify high potential employees to support the organization's
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign-off on hours
in a timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department
to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources
Manager and/or Operations Manager to ensure proper wage and hour
- Assist with the transition of newly assigned locations from
acceptance of contract through the opening of location ensuring
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships and business
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are
outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual operational reports as
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer
satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of
service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the
expectations of our various clients.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the
activities of Shuttle Supervisors
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and
initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned
- Communicate with local police department and emergency
management teams regarding operations.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and
initiatives that may arise from assigned location(s).
- Assist with maintaining employee and vehicle maintenance
records within DOT requirements
- Drive shuttles in revenue service and to/from maintenance
vendors as necessary
- Assist employees with obtaining access to company systems
including time clock, payroll (ADP), pre/post-trip inspections,
training courses, etc.
- Additional related duties as assigned.Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess and maintain valid Class B CDL with Passenger
endorsement and Medical Examiner's Certificate (Med Card)
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.Experience:
- Must have experience managing a shuttle program with CDL Class
- Must have experience with DOT compliance
- Must have experience with the regular maintenance and
inspections of the shuttle program
- 1+ years in a Management role.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and General Microsoft
- Ability to be flexible in the schedule in order to meet
operational needs. This may require occasionally working outside of
regularly scheduled hours.Skills:
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea
sharing and creative problem-solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching
conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges
(Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.Physical
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain,
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of
- Ability bend, stoop, squat, and lift frequently throughout a
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment
practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to providing
equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,
genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and
other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. No question in our application process
is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's
consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify. #INDNV
Keywords: LAZ Parking, Washington DC , DOT Facility Manager-Shuttle Operations, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!