Company: COCM (Capstone On-Campus Management
Location: College Park
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Resident Director
Location: The Courtyards, University of Maryland
Reports to: Assistant Director-Resident Life
Salary: $42,500.00 per year, staff apartment, and a comprehensive
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary The Resident Director at The Courtyards at UMD is a
full-time (12-month), live-in position that requires flexibility of
work hours, including work performed on weekends and evenings. The
initial one-year appointment is renewable for up to three
additional years contingent upon an annual successful performance
review. The Resident Director is responsible for a comprehensive
student development program in a co-ed, garden-style community of
700 upperclassmen UMD students. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities Supervision & Development
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates 14 Resident Assistants
- Directly responsible for RA training and RA meetings that
foster staff teamwork and collaboration.
- Meet with RA staff for weekly 1 on 1's and responsible for
overseeing RA weekly reports.
- Directly oversee RA duty scheduling.--
- Motivate RA's and empower them to promote student growth and
development in their community
- Directly advise and support Resident Hall Association (RHA)
- Teach and guide discussion on the Resident Assistant class
(Introduction to Student Personnel).-- Community Development
- Be visible and accessible to residents, role modeling
responsible behavior and personal integrity. Individually interact
and engage with students.
- Serve as a resource and referral agent for residents through
- Meet with students involving student conduct issues and utilize
creative and appropriate disciplinary sanctions.
- Promote a safe and inclusive environment for all residents and
address any concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Effectively respond to and manage emergency and/or crisis
situations by participation as the second level responder in
on-call duty rotation with other professional staff.
- Help implement social media initiatives in coordination with
the Associate Director and Assistant Director-Resident Life.
- Facilitate/lead mediations between roommates.
- Directly oversee a vibrant RA programming model that provides
healthy social activities to the resident population. Help advise
and coach RA's on program planning/implementation and attend
programs as needed. Promotes and attends student life programming
initiatives on campus.
- Directly oversee health and safety inspections and provide
follow-up to students, not in compliance. Participate in fire
drills and follow-up with residents not in compliance with fire
drills or fire inspections performed by the Fire Marshal.--
- Lead communication to students that are not in compliance with
the turn-ready process following check-out.-- Administrative
- Participate in special leasing events as needed which includes
tours, information sessions, and Open Leasing.
- Indirectly oversee areas of the budget related to RA staff and
RA programming. Upload receipts and comply with all P Card
- Utilize Star Rez, Property Boss, and other database systems to
ensure accurate record-keeping of student information.
- Walk-through community on a regular basis for cleanliness and
maintenance needs identification.--
- Participate and support check-in, check-out preparation as
needed in coordination with Associate Director and Assistant
- Provide a weekly report to the Assistant Director-Resident Life
outlining information of the community. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The work environment is
mid-to-high paced. The noise level is usually moderate. Physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
walk, climb stairs, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and distance vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Education/Experience Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Master's Degree in related field preferred. Bachelor's Degree
in related field required.--
- 1-2 years of Residence Life experience
- Experience working with on-campus student populations Skills
Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written)
skills, and computer competency.-- Other Information Competitive
benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits,
vision coverage, and 401K. Applicants must be able to pass a
pre-employment background check and drug screening. If you are
unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a
disability, please firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make
every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as
possible. To provide equal employment opportunities to all
individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management
(COCM) will be based on qualifications and abilities. COCM does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. COCM (Capstone On-Campus
Management) is a company of talented student housing professionals
focused on providing management and consulting services for
on-campus housing communities. Capstone On-Campus Management
1500 Urban Center Drive, Suite 400
Vestavia Hills, AL 35242
Keywords: COCM (Capstone On-Campus Management, Washington DC , Resident Director, Executive , College Park, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!