Project Manager/Task Manager - Top Secret (SCI Eligible); must be able to obtain/maintain a DHS[...]
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Project Manager/Task Manager - Top Secret (SCI Eligible); must
be able to obtain/maintain a DHS EOD (Entry on Duty) Type of
Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top
Secret Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top
Secret/SCISuitability:DHS EODPublic Trust/Other Required:Job
Family:Project/Task ManagementJob Description:Project Manager/Task
Manager - Top Secret (SCI Eligible); must be able to
obtain/maintain a DHS EOD (Entry on Duty)GDIT is seeking a Project
Manager supporting customers at the Department of Homeland Security
Headquarters on the St. Elizabeths Technology Services (SETS)
program. The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day
management of a small portfolio of assigned projects, namely
assisting with the design and implementation of required IT, Audio
Visual (AV), Physical Security (PS), and Radio Frequency (RF)
systems for the newly built Cybersecurity and Information Security
(CISA) Headquarters building.Projects will involve close
- Systems, campus wiring, IT, PS, RF, and AV engineers, as well
as technicians for all listed disciplines, and a computer aided
drafting and design (CADD) team throughout the initiation, design,
and implementation of the projects,
- The Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team on the program to
transition the projects as they close, and
- Working with Government, construction, and design team
stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- The Project Manager will lead and/or assist with the following
- Leading or assisting with estimate writing, project schedule
development, and technical engineering installation packages during
project design using MS Project, Excel, and Word.
- Meeting with customers to develop technical solution
- Monitoring and controlling project labor and material budgets,
comparing them to estimates submitted.
- Leading/assisting with project procurement efforts, including
working with remote logistics and procurement teams.
- Maintaining up-to-date status reporting for all projects.
- Directing project activities to meet client and organization
work objectives and serving as a liaison with stakeholders to
answer questions and solve problems.
- Assuring quality of program products, services, and
deliverables, including leading/participating in reviews of
engineering deliverables and site visits.
- Attending weekly internal engineering and/or construction
meetings for assigned projects and assigning/following up
on/completing action items.
- Working with field supervisors to resolve any issues with
technician installation activities.
- Adhering to program engineering and project management
processes and procedures.
- Closing assigned projects by submitting test
documentation/narratives to customers and presenting the test
results for formal approval, along with reviewing/transitioning
final as-built documentation to the Operations team.
- Knowledge and Skills &Education:
- 5+ years of experience managing or assisting with technical
design/build or construction projects/programs highly desired.
- Background in technology systems and the ability to understand
complex technical solutions preferred.
- Experience reviewing technical engineering designs a plus.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between multiple internal and
external stakeholders, including senior leaders, engineers,
construction teams, and design teams.
- Ability to gather requirements from the customer and translate
them as documentation for the engineering/CADD teams
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate impacts to project
success, such as risks to budget, timeline, and scope, to key
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to high quality
deliverables, including design documentation, estimates, and
- Ability to work with other Project Managers on the program to
manage multiple tasks and competing priorities with a limited
resource pool for task execution.
- Strong working knowledge of project management tools used on
the program, including MS Project, Excel, Word, and
- Ability to work both independently and with guidance from the
Program Management and Engineering teams.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
preferred.Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:None T
elecommuting Options: Some Telecommuting AllowedWork Location:USA
DC WashingtonAdditional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people
supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class. We connect people with the most
impactful client missions, creating an unparalleled work experience
that allows them to see their impact every day. We create
opportunities for our people to lead and learn simultaneously. From
securing our nation's most sensitive systems, to enabling digital
transformation and cloud adoption, our people are the ones who make
change real. Suggested Jobs
- PKI Architect - Active Top Secret required Posted 30+ Days Ago
- USA DC Washington
- Senior PKI Architect - Active Top Secret required Posted 30+
Days Ago - USA DC Washington
- Technical Writer - Active Top Secret required Posted 30+ Days
Ago - USA DC Washington
- Systems Administrator - Apple Device Management - Active Top
Secret required Posted 23 Days Ago - USA DC Washington Sr Systems
Engineer - Mobile Device Management - Airwatch / Workspace ONE -
Active Top Secret required
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington DC , Project Manager/Task Manager - Top Secret (SCI Eligible); must be able to obtain/maintain a DHS[...], Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!