Posted on: April 10, 2021
CUTTING EDGE STRATEGIES FOR PROGRESSIVE VALUES. Campaigns
Director - Americans for Tax Fairness POSITION SUMMARY Americans
for Tax Fairness , a national coalition of 425 endorsing
organizations active on high-profile federal tax reform issues at
the national and state levels, and its sister organization
Americans for Tax Fairness Action Fund , is seeking a Campaigns
Director to manage cross-cutting public education, lobbying, and
political activities. This is a newly created position that is
full-time exempt located in Washington, D.C. with a competitive
salary and benefits. The Campaigns Director reports to the
Executive Director. The ATF coalition consists of unions, think
tanks, national and state advocacy networks and diverse
constituency groups. ATF has come together based on the belief that
the country needs comprehensive, progressive tax reform that
results in greater revenue, especially from the richest Americans
and big corporations, to meet our growing needs and to ensure that
our economy works for everyone. RESPONSIBILITIES - AMERICANS FOR
- Serve as campaigns manager for projects involving cross-cutting
activities: public education, coalition work, lobbying, legacy
communications, digital communications, and field
- Manage a project focused on taxing the richest 0.1% by building
support for a 10% surtax on those making more than $2 million a
year, which could raise at least $500 billion over 10 years.
- Help execute an overall strategy that includes public
education, coalition building, lobbying, and communications.
- Coordinate activities of participating organizations and ATF
staff by convening a weekly meeting, setting agendas, and
maintaining an overall workplan for staff and consultants.
- Serve as lead with national coalition partners and allies that
have state affiliates and with independent state groups on
coordinated work to integrate a tax fairness agenda into their
activities and how ATF can support them.
- Draft campaign strategy and field mobilization materials.
Advise in the drafting of public education and communications
- Other duties assigned by the executive director.
RESPONSIBILITIES - AMERICANS FOR TAX FAIRNESS ACTION FUND
- Play lead role in developing ATFAF's work in 2019 and 2020 that
seeks to ensure that a strong critique of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
(TCJA) and a progressive tax fairness agenda are featured in the
political conversation and in messaging by federal candidates and
- Develop state and CD targets in consultation with national and
- Identify and assist groups that are willing to engage in
candidate accountability against those who voted in favor of the
- Encourage candidates to go on offense on tax issues by
providing them with the results of our message research,
distributing candidate briefing materials, and providing updates
about communicating on tax issues.
- Work with coalition partners who are supporting candidates to
encourage them to urge candidates to make tax issues a leading
- Serve as lead contact with partner organizations and
- Other duties assigned by the executive director. REQUIRED
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of seven years of combined employment in an advocacy
organization; political, field and/or communications departments;
and/or in federal or state candidate campaigns.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader, to manage staff and
consultants, and to motivate coalition partners.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate field mobilization work and
communications work, ideally both legacy communications and digital
- Demonstrated ability to work well under a fast-paced campaign
environment and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Good writing and editing skills for preparing campaign plans,
project reports, ensuring messaging and public education materials
are appropriate for the field, and preparing field mobilization
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated commitment to race and gender equity. ANNUAL
SALARY: Up to $110,000 depending on experience, with generous
healthcare benefits, cell phone reimbursement and up to a 3% match
on 401(k) contributions. TO APPLY Please submit a cover letter
addressing why you are a good candidate for this particular
position and resume to Jobs@DemocracyPartners.com Subject line:
Campaigns Director - ATF Americans for Tax Fairness is a project of
New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates
new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making
programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining
exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is
dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential.
NVF's work environment is safe and open to all employees and
partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious
creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran status, and all other classifications
protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are
working. 1250 Eye Street, NW, Ste. 330
Washington, DC 20005 Maine California 660 Howard St--2nd floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-615-0311 ext 20 615 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205
Keywords: democracypartners.com, Washington DC , Campaigns Director, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!