Senior Director of Finance, Arlington, VA
Company: Social Impact
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Senior Director of Finance, Arlington, VA
- Washington, DC
- Full-time Company Description Social Impact (SI) is a
Washington, DC-area international development management consulting
firm. SI's mission is to improve the effectiveness of international
development programs in improving people's lives. We provide a full
range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training
services to strengthen international development programs,
organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the
areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and
program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and
social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors
including democracy and governance, health and education, the
environment, and economic growth. SI's clients include US
government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge
Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors,
multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits. Job
Description Senior Director of Finance, Arlington, VA Social Impact
(SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management
consulting firm.--SI's mission is to improve the effectiveness of
international development programs in improving people's lives.--We
provide a full range of management consulting, technical
assistance, and training services to strengthen international
development programs, organizations, and policies.--We provide
services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation,
strategic planning, project and program design, organizational
capacity building, and gender and social democracy and governance,
health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI's
clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the
Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State,
bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and
non-profits. Job Summary: The Senior Director of Finance is an
integral member of the Social Impact team and acts as the primary
financial officer of the organization, overseeing the finance and
accounting functions. The Senior Director of Finance is responsible
for the company's budgeting and planning, financial reporting,
accounting operations, financial compliance and outward facing
relationships. He/she reports to the Executive Vice President and
Chief Operating Officer, and interfaces with the Senior Management
Team and the Board of Directors. Responsibilities: Management and
- Serves as the primary financial officer of the company. Directs
all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the
- Provides leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and
long-term strategic financial objectives of the company.
- Takes a hands-on, lead role in key strategic initiatives that
are needed to achieve corporate financial objectives.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with the company
owners and the
Executive Vice Presidents. Provides counsel on fiscal control,
regulatory compliance, and the financial implications of
decisions. Identifies their needs and proposes effective
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with external
stakeholders including corporate financial advisors, auditors and
- Ensures that accurate and timely reports, analyses, and
prepared to facilitate effective financial management at the
- Collaborates across the organization to increase efficiency in
that cross departmental lines and to strengthen the financial
capability of staff.
- Manages processes for financial forecasting, budgets and
consolidation and reporting to the company.
- Ensures that there is a documented system of finance policies
- Supervises the Controller (who is responsible for accounting
operations in the
company) and the Internal Controls and Financial Compliance
the company grows, may supervise additional staff.
- Establishes a professional and collaborative work environment
for the Finance
Division. Coaches and mentors team members and facilitates
professional development. Is responsible for performance management
- Anticipates future staffing needs based on workload
- Ensures that the Controller and the Accounting team achieve
and compliant execution of all functions of the accounting
- Maintains a system of adequate internal controls over the
company's accounting and financial management transactions.
- Oversees the preparation and communication of accurate monthly
and annual financial reporting.
- Plans for growth and future needs of the Accounting function.
Financial Planning and Management
- Leads preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts,
and provides regular variance reporting.
- Provide cash flow projections and analyses to assist in
managing the company.
- Works with Executive Management in analyzing the financial
impact of strategic business decisions.
- Leads initiatives to introduce new technology platforms that
support improved financial analysis, management and reporting.
- Is the primary interface with federal and donor specific
Backstops the controller as needed with respect to independent
- Ensures proper filing of tax returns by Accounting.
- Ensures the proper submission of incurred cost proposal, and
accurate and timely financial reporting in compliance with national
client specific laws and regulations, including GAAP.
- Keeps up to date on best practices and current developments in
accounting, finance, and compliance. Other
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing
networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Master's degree in a related field, substantial relevant
equivalent experience. Minimum 15 years of progressive experience
finance and accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
working knowledge of financial, accounting and payroll
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL, ReQlogic, Unanet, ADP
and Quickbooks a plus.
working with USAID and USG contracts in a for-profit
Knowledge of private foundations, other bilateral and
- Knowledge and experience preparing indirect cost
- Working knowledge of FAR and AIDAR.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize,
multitask and deliver results under tight deadlines.
leadership and inter-personal skills. Ability to communicate and
well at all levels in the organization and with staff at remote
collaborative, creative problem solver who is able to exercise
judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely
- International experience in a developing country setting and
foreign language skills a plus Additional Information Come join our
energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play
a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a
creative and committed team, and make a difference in the
well-being of our world. To apply, please visit our website:
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected
veteran status. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an
interview. Please, no phone calls. Senior Director of Finance,
Keywords: Social Impact, Washington DC , Senior Director of Finance, Arlington, VA, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!