Location: Falls Church
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The President at PACEM Defense is a key leadership position,
located in Perry, Florida. The President will drive the performance
and profitability of the manufacturing process. The successful
candidate will apply proven leadership, and business management
skills to build, coach, and manage the leadership team on
budgeting, profitability, team building, and nurturing company
culture. This role has significant impact on the company 's
performance, strategy, and value creation. The President reports to
the Chief Executive Officer.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the company as the top executive personnel.
- Oversee the complete operation of the company ensuring it
operates and goals are met based on the direction established in
the strategic plans.
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations
to exceed our customers ' expectations.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while
minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to
produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives
and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit,
manage and develop plant staff.
- Collect and analyze data to determine areas of waste or
- Meet with executive leadership team and other executives to
assess the direction of the company and ensure it is in line with
the company 's mission, vision, and values, taking corrective
action when necessary.
- Hold business operations accountable to stakeholders and
- Manage and analyze the budget and financial health of the
- Continually plan ways to increase the company 's profitability
and stay on top of progress.
- Display leadership posture and decision-making skills to lead
the company with confidence.
- Provide a professional public presence on behalf of the
- Review and advise on contracts.
- Maintain strong, current knowledge of competitors and industry
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Enable systems and processes that track and optimize
productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to
ensure effective return on assets.
- Address employees ' issues or grievances.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best
practices and concepts.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in the munitions industry
- Proven managerial experience.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles
(budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand
creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management
- Bachelor's degree required, master 's or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the industry and market conditions.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public presence and professional image
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Flexible to work long hours.
- Overseas and/or military experience a plus.
- Computer literacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.COMPETENCIES:
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect
and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the
value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds
a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds organizational values.
- Emotional Intelligence '" The ability to understand and manage
your own emotions, and those of the people around you. Ability to
know what your emotions mean and how they can affect other
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Changes approach or
method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent
change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Uses
intuition and experience to complement data.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans;
Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes
resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change;
Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and
implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and
revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the
responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work
independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities;
Provides recognition for results.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for
improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents
ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires
and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences
actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives
appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making,
facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for
subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides
regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and
encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal
and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes,
products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through
outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires
respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides
vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
Keywords: ExecuNet, Washington DC , President, Executive , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!