Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
Company: Feed 14
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Reporting directly to the Manager, Corporate Information System
Security Manager/Classified Systems Program, this Information
Systems Security Manager (ISSM) functionally manages the process to
protect RANDs classified information. Primary function is
implementation of all classified security policy, procedures and
government security requirements as required by the United States
Government. Outlines classified security policies and procedures
and assures staff compliance with all applicable government
regulations. Serves as the subject matter expert for classified
systems security questions and problem solving within the
classified security team. Performs the Information Systems Security
Manager (ISSM) role. In addition, performs the following
- Performs the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
responsibilities and role for RANDs classified network, TS/SCI, and
SAP/SAR activities for the Washington office; performs oversight
administration of classified systems activities.
- Performs computer systems security activities, implementing
security controls for the Washington office RAND systems processing
classified information including initial approval, re-approval,
decertification and audits with responsibility for the Washington
- Coordinates with the Defense Intelligence Agency and other
elements of the U.S. intelligence community on inspections,
reviews, investigations, and other reportable issues; coordinates
with the Defense Counterintelligence & Security Agency (DCSA) and
Department of Defense sponsors on inspections, reviews,
investigations, and other reportable issues.
- Responsible for the classified computing protection program at
the collateral, TS/SCI, and SAP/SAR levels for the Washington
office, as well as the classified computing hardware/software and
voice/data communication audits.
- Supports the FSO as related to classified processing for
maintaining secure facility accreditations and joint and co-use
agreements with applicable government agencies.
- Writes, coordinates, and conducts classified systems security
education briefings (SAP, SCI and CLAN) and the User Acknowledgment
statement as required.
- Supports the Manager, Security Administration in maintaining
detailed records of Security department functions and activities
for monthly reports to RAND management with regard to classified
systems; conducts classified security investigations as required by
the Manager, Security Administration.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.Basic
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and
- In depth knowledge of the NISPOM, the new NISPOM Rule 32CFR
part 117, DCID/ICD documents and other applicable government
security regulations experience in classified security government
- Established relationships and a positive reputation with
industrial and government security counterparts.
- An understanding of principles and methods used in developing,
establishing, and maintaining a local, state and federal government
compliant program in classified security.
- Thorough knowledge of information security systems and the
classified networks.EducationBA/BS degree preferred but not
requiredExperienceA minimum of six years relevant experience
required. Nine years relevant experience
preferred.LocationWashington D.C.Positions OpenOneSecurity
ClearanceMust possess and maintain a Top Secret U.S. government
security clearance, or if Top Secret U.S. government security
clearance is no longer active, must have possessed a Top Secret
U.S. government security clearance within the past 24 months.Equal
Opportunity Employer: race/color/religion/sex/sexual
orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vetType:
Keywords: Feed 14, Washington DC , Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!