Company: Nardello & Co.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Managing Director, Digital Investigations & Cyber Defense (NYC
or Washington, DC) Managing Director, Digital Investigations &
Cyber Defense (NYC or Washington, DC) Position Summary Nardello &
Co. is seeking a Managing Director to serve as the operational lead
for its Digital Investigations and Cyber Defense Practice. This
role is designed for an experienced technical leader in digital
forensics/incident response who can manage complex cyber incidents,
supervise and direct the work of the firm's digital investigations
staff, and enhance and develop the firm's growing technical talent
pool and capabilities. The Managing Director will also build and
manage the firm's global relationships with external
digital-forensics resources and oversee digital forensics work. The
applicant should have the experience and technical mindset to
closely manage such investigations, including hands-on execution of
key tasks such as processing and analyzing digital evidence. The
Managing Director should understand how traditional evidence and
investigative techniques can enhance digital forensic evidence and
work to enhance the ability to employ dynamically digital evidence
in traditional investigations. This will include creatively
managing digital forensics work to maximize its value to a larger
investigation and ensuring that case teams understand the range of
options available. In addition, the Managing Director will provide
guidance to internal stakeholders to enhance the firm's cyber risk
mitigation program and capabilities. Nardello & Co. is a global
investigations firm whose experienced professionals handle a broad
range of issues including due diligence, anti-corruption & fraud
investigations, civil and white collar criminal litigation and
arbitration support, asset tracing, activist defense, political
risk and strategic intelligence, digital investigations and cyber
defense, monitorships and independent investigations, and
compliance. Our clients include the world's leading law firms and
financial institutions, Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 companies,
high-net-worth individuals and family offices, governments, NGOs,
sports organizations, and academic institutions. With offices in
New York, London, Washington DC, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Milan, and
Dubai, Nardello & Co. maintains a professional staff that includes
former US federal prosecutors, US and international lawyers, former
law enforcement personnel and intelligence operatives, licensed
investigators, research analysts, former journalists, financial
crime specialists, forensic accountants, and computer forensic
experts. Specific Responsibilities
- Supervise the delivery of technical services by the firm's
digital investigations team, including those involving digital
forensics/incident response, security assessment and advice,
incident preparedness, among others.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to the pursuit of new business
opportunities, including engagement scoping, budgeting, and
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents to uncover facts revealing
the cause, scope, and impact of the incident. Includes the ability
to perform host-based and network-based analysis across all major
operating systems and network device platforms.
- Preserve, harvest, and analyze data from electronic sources,
including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile
- Develop and evaluate cybersecurity programs for a wide variety
of organizations and provide containment/remediation guidance.
- Develop in-house digital-forensics capabilities, ensuring that
teams are using best available technology, actively mentoring
junior staff, and developing and refining policies for the
collection and analysis of digital evidence.
- Evaluate and maintain relationships with external technical
specialists and closely manage the work of these providers.
- Explain the specifics of technical work to non-specialists,
including clients and colleagues.
- Consult with and take direction from supervisors, engagement
managers, and clients regarding case investigation and status.
- Participate in technical meetings and working groups to address
issues related to cybersecurity and incident preparedness and
create targeted remediation plans for clients. Experience &
- Seven to fifteen years' experience delivering technical
services involving digital forensics/incident response, security
assessment and advice, incident preparedness, and digital and
- Strong work ethic and motivation, with a demonstrated history
of ability to lead a team and develop talent. Even stronger
analytic, quantitative, and creative problem-solving
- Experience with most common operating systems (Windows, macOS,
Linux, iOS, Android) and their file systems (ext3/4, HFS+, APFS,
NTFS, exFAT, etc.).
- Proficiency with industry-standard DFIR toolsets, including
X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite, Blackbag, and Volatility.
- Experience with cloud infrastructures for the enterprise, such
as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform/G Suite, Office 365,
and Azure. Experience with conducting log analysis of Windows Event
Logs, Apache, IIS, and firewall logs.
- One or more digital forensics and incident response
certifications, such as GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GNFA, or equivalent
government forensic certifications.
- Experience with command line tools (grep, sed, awk,
powershell), python, and other programming languages.
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software
installation and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications.
- Government or law enforcement experience is preferred.
- Supervisory/management experience strongly preferred.
- Analytical and creative approach to investigations.
- Effective and articulate communication skills and an ability to
explain complex concepts in layman's terms.
- A broad understanding of the principals of IT security,
penetration testing, and incident-response. Specific experience in
these areas will be viewed positively but is not mandatory.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and
operate effectively in a dynamic, demand-based environment,
requiring flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and
- Ability to work collaboratively across agencies and physical
- Participation in technical meetings and working groups to
address issues related to malware security, vulnerabilities, and
issues of cybersecurity and preparedness.
- A high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
Travel & Remote Work This role requires candidates who can work
regularly in Nardello & Co.'s New York City and/or Washington, DC
offices, with occasional domestic and internal travel to deliver
onsite services to client on an as needed basis. Nardello & Co.
offers employees a competitive set of benefits, including remote
work arrangements. Nardello & Co. is a proven leader in
investigative fact finding, delivering strategic advice that
informs and assists our clients' decision-making in a thoughtful,
timely, and cost effective manner, helping them build stronger
litigation positions, avoid potentially reputation-damaging
associations, identify any corrupt practices, links with organized
crime, or politically exposed persons, in challenging jurisdictions
around the world or right next door. At Nardello & Co., we
routinely handle a variety of complex investigations, including
those relating to internal fraud and corruption, asset tracing,
bribery, and money laundering matters. We are also called upon in
complex litigation assignments to develop tangible and admissible
evidence, to analyze information that allows our clients to
restructure transactions and save them from embarrassing or
financially damaging engagements and to help companies navigate the
rumor mill in environments where opaque governments and corruption
present operational challenges.
Keywords: Nardello & Co., Washington DC , Managing Director, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!