Legislative & Policy Director
Company: Public Affairs Council
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Americans for Tax Fairness , a coalition of national and state
endorsing organizations active on high-profile federal tax reform
issues, is seeking a Legislative & Policy Director with at least
five years of experience with some combination of lobbying and/or
working in Congress or other legislative bodies, knowledge of tax
policy and/or domestic policy issues and communicating policy
issues in writing. He or she must have strong advocacy and
communications skills; knowledge of tax, economic and/or domestic
policy issues; good writing and analytic skills; strong leadership
skills; knowledge of Excel; be well organized and detail oriented;
and be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, campaign-style
environment. This is a senior, full-time exempt position that
reports directly to the Executive Director. It offers a salary of
up to $120,000, depending on experience, and competitive benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Legislative
- Create and implement a legislative strategy that pursues ATF's
- Maintain current and develop new relationships with the Biden
administration and congressional offices, with a special focus on
tax-writing committees. Organize and lead lobbying meetings on
Capitol Hill and with the executive branch that include lobbyists
from coalition partners. Staff the ATF Legislative Committee,
develop and maintain relationships with legislative staff at
partner organizations. Maintain knowledge of tax-related
developments on Capitol Hill such as bill introductions, hearings,
markups, press conferences and floor activities. Draft written
materials such as letters to Congress, fact sheets and reports of
lobbying activities.-- Distribute ATF's policy and messaging
materials to staff on Capitol Hill and encourage their use in
hearings, press conferences and other activities. Track the social
media feeds of key members of Congress and tax and economic
journalists and pundits to stay on top of developments that ATF
should react to or influence. Policy & Research
- Maintain knowledge of a wide range of tax policy issues and tax
- Track key economic indicators, including ones measuring
inequality, and be conversant in the debate over fiscal policy and
its relationship to economic performance and equity.--
- Stay abreast of domestic policy issues that relate to tax
issues and the federal budget, such as healthcare.--
- Work with other staff in drafting reports, fact sheets and
other materials that influence the tax policy debate.
- Rapidly respond to short-term research and policy requests,
often in reaction to breaking news.
- Staff the ATF Research and Policy Committee and develop and
maintain relationships with research and policy staff at partner
- Knowledge of tax policy issues and related domestic policy,
federal budget and economic policy issues.
- Minimum of five years employment in some combination of the
following: as a lobbyist, in a policy position at an advocacy
organization, and with Congress or the Executive Branch.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.--
- Experience leading and motivating partner organizations.
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, work well under
pressure and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.--
- Facility with Twitter to trac and respond to breaking
- Experience with messaging and communications strategies
helpful. Americans for Tax Fairness is a project of New Venture
Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and
innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF
is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional
people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic,
rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF's
work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners,
respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political
affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information,
veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in
the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Keywords: Public Affairs Council, Washington DC , Legislative & Policy Director, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!