Professional Development Manager (Litigation)
Company: NALP (National Association for Law Placement) Grou
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Professional Development Manager (Litigation) Attorney
Professional Development, Professional Legal Management Required
Education: 4 Year Degree
Skadden is seeking a Professional Development Manager--to join our
Attorney Development--team in--the Washington, D.C. office. As a
member of Skadden's professional staff, the Professional
Development Manager will play an integral role in helping the firm
provide--high-quality service to clients. The Professional
Development Manager is responsible for managing a full range of
professional development and staffing activities for the litigation
practice area. The Professional Development Manager works within
the Global Attorney Development team and collaborates with the
Practice Leader, Staffing Partner and Attorney Development Partner
to facilitate the successful implementation of the Firm's associate
development objectives at the practice level. ESSENTIAL
- Build trust and credibility with partners and counsel.
- Develop a professional relationship with each associate,
including an in-depth understanding of professional aspirations,
experiences, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal
- Monitor associate development to promote progress along the
practice area's desired developmental trajectory and follow-up on
- Recommend the Firm's career resources as appropriate and
facilitate forward progress on exit strategies.
- Coordinate associate and counsel review and evaluation process
(e.g. collect feedback, convene department meeting to review files,
prepare performance summaries, work collaboratively with partners
in determining department messages, draft messages and participate
in the review meetings) for the practice with the Attorney
- Promote participation in all required CLE programs.
- Participate in defining the overall training agenda for
practice area and coordinate training to meet identified
- Work with Partners to create a fair and comparable level of
utilization across the department and to provide attorneys with the
opportunity to work on a variety of matters and with a variety of
partners, while balancing development opportunities with client
- Maintain consistency of experiences and equitable distribution
of assignments across the practice area. Monitor high-end and low
end of utilization and intervene as appropriate.
- Track vacation schedules to ensure that plans are in place for
- Cull and synthesize information for practice leader, including
missing time, status of reviews, and distribution of workload.
- Monitor critical attorney utilization metrics and provides
weekly report to practice department partners.
- Manage information flow in the required systems and policy
compliance, e.g., bar admission status updates, mentor assignments,
time recording compliance.
- Work on a variety of ad hoc projects as needed.
- Organize group events and team building activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. --QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g.,
Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new
software and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and
- Strong interest and experience in professional
- Strong demonstrated leadership.
- Flexibility to travel as needed.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to
meet operating and business needs. --EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of three years of professional development experience
at a professional services firm. Skadden is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more
information, please visit Skadden.com/careers . About Skadden,
Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP With 22 offices, approximately
1,700 attorneys and more than 50 distinct areas of practice,
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and affiliates serves
clients in every major international financial center, providing
the specific legal advice companies across a spectrum of industries
need to compete most effectively in a global business environment.
Our clients include approximately 50 percent of the Fortune 250
industrial and service corporations, as well as financial and
governmental entities, small, entrepreneurial companies and
nonprofits. Skadden's attorneys and staff share a commitment to
providing our clients with the highest-quality and most
cost-effective legal services in an atmosphere emphasizing
teamwork, creativity, responsiveness and diversity.
Keywords: NALP (National Association for Law Placement) Grou, Washington DC , Professional Development Manager (Litigation), Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!