General Manager- Food Service
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Aramark General Manager- Food Service in Washington, District of
Columbia - Careers at US DC 1203 GOOD HOPE RD SE-WASHINGTON Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! General Manager- Food Service Location
US-DC-Washington Posted Date 1 day ago (10/29/2020 2:31 PM) ID
309852 Category Food Services Employment Type Fulltime-Regular
Overview Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading
educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion
sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations
and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19
countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver
innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management
and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a
better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet,
including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy
consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively
and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is
recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign
(LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality
Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook
and Twitter. Description The --General Manager - Food Services will
oversee the Food Department and all Food Related
Operations.--Reporting to the DM, the General Manager will plan,
administer and direct all unit activities related to food service.
Responsibilities--include Aramark and client financial
accountability, and compliance with the standards established by
Aramark, regulatory agencies and client. Leads food service
departments. Establishes and maintains effective working
relationships with other departments to provide a unified food
service experience for patients, residents, visitors and employees.
Primary level of impact in within own operations. Key
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against
Aramark and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually
monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary
action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service, and
drive patient and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall
workplace safety standards.
- Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client
and customer relations at all levels of client organization,
including conducting rounding. Identifies Aramark service expansion
- Provides overall direction and manages performance for all Food
Service Managers, Supervisors and front line employees, ensuring
employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource
related policies and standards, including conducting applicable
- Directs, staffs, and trains food service department regarding
food presentation, quality, cost control, and cash handling.
- Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain
variances. Responsible for component's accounting functions.
- Ensures compliance with all contract obligations.
- Qualified candidates must possess a--Bachelor's Degree or
- Candidates must demonstrate--experience with managing salaried
individuals and soft skills necessary to drive programs and develop
- Effective--communication--(listening, verbal and written)
skills with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Demonstrated ability to understand food cost and the usage of
- Demonstrated attention to the achievement of high quality
standards coupled with a proven track record in identifying defects
in the preparation and service of food and the implementation of
improved quality control procedures.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using
prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar,
diction and style.--
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations.--
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to
work with confidential employee, client and
- Demonstrated ability to responding effectively and efficiently
to changing client demands.
- Strong computer skills Apply Apply for this job online Apply
Share Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is
not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and
try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready
to apply? Connect with us for general consideration. Interested in
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair
Keywords: Aramark, Washington DC , General Manager- Food Service, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!