Risk Management Advisor
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: January 15, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the
future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive
team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you
will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will advise the team on
methods, models, and analytical templates used for assessing and
identifying potential risks that may threaten our reputation,
safety, security, and/or financial success, as well as work with
management and team members in communicating and collaborating with
key stakeholders across the enterprise, and understand business
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Integrated Risk Management - Risk Management - Advisor role
will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while
working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the
- Advise team on the application of methods, models, and
analytical templates used to determine business areas that pose
potential risks to the enterprise.
- Collaborate with team to evaluate and advise on the impact of
proposed risks to the enterprise.
- Review processes to reduce risk using rigorous analysis.
- Partner with team to review and provide feedback to management
on resolutions and control guidelines.
- Partner with the team to review, develop business strategies,
and make decisions that will drive success in the face of shifting
consumer behaviors and regulations.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 6 + years of experience in Risk Management (First Line Risk,
Second Line Risk Mgmt such as Operational Risk Mgmt ORM), or
- Experience in conducting End to End Risk Assessments
- Prior experience conducting Top Risk Analysis, Scenario
Analysis, and Risk Appetite
- Extensive experience in Risk Reporting
- Strong Strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Organized and analytical with a keen attention to detail
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the
purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the
use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or
- Influencing including negotiating, persuading others,
facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Governance and Compliance including creating policies,
evaluating compliance, conducting internal investigations,
developing data governance, etc.
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in
effort to meet strategic objectives
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and
identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
- Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and
editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to
- Relationship Management including managing and engaging
stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship
networks, contracting, etc.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience
in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Business Insight including advising, designing business models,
interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting,
- Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and
designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying
control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts
and answer critical questions
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to
ensure successful project completion
- Experience using RiskWorks
- Skilled in Visio
- Skilled in Excel
- Experience using SharePoint
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at [email
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Washington DC , Risk Management Advisor, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!