Executive Director HR-Johns Hopkins, Sibley Memorial Hospital
Company: Sibley Memorial Hospital
Posted on: November 23, 2020
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR HR-JOHNS HOPKINS, SIBLEY MEMORIAL
Requisition #: 307303
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 18, 2020
Sibley Memorial Hospital, located in northwest Washington, D.C., is
a 318 licensed beds community hospital member of Johns Hopkins
Medicine (JHM) since 2010. Sibley offers surgical, obstetric,
psychiatric, oncologic and skilled nursing inpatient services. Its
campus is also home to Grand Oaks, an assisted living residence,
and the Sibley Renaissance, which houses the Center for
Rehabilitative Medicine, Sibley Senior Services, specialty centers,
a skilled nursing care unit and a residential Alzheimer s unit. The
Medical Building provides outpatient services including the Sibley
Ambulatory Surgery Center, imaging and Sibley Primary Care. Sibley
Memorial Hospital includes 200 all-private rooms, a
state-of-the-art Emergency Department, a nationally recognized
orthopaedics program, expanded women s and infants services to
house Washington s D.C. s busiest maternity program and the Johns
Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center. The Kimmel Cancer Center brings local
access to world-renowned oncology experts, clinical trials, cancer
treatment and patient and caregiver support to the greater
Washington area. The Center is also home to the Johns Hopkins
National Proton Therapy Center and our pediatric radiation oncology
program in collaboration with the Children s National Hospital, the
only program of its kind in D.C.
Executive Director HR for Sibley Memorial Hospital is responsible
for planning, directing, managing and guiding the overall functions
and programs for the Human Resources Division and Occupational
Health at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Executive Director HR is a
member of the Executive Leadership Team with strategic oversight to
embed Human Resource skills into the core competencies of roles
across the organization.
A facilitator, principally through empowering technologies (both
digital and procedural) that emphasize employee self-service and
manager independence; a designer, helping implement high
performance people strategies in partnership with line staff and an
educator, serving as a catalyst for learning and communication.
Develop mechanisms that positively affect the needs of a
diversified workforce. Ensure HR practices and programs are within
federal and state regulations.
Executive Director HR collaborates with Central HR in creating,
implementing and evaluating innovative recruitment, compensation,
benefits and OD&T programs/services that recruit, develop and
retain the best talent.
Reports directly to SVP and Chief Human Resources Officer for the
Johns Hopkins Medicine, and works in collaboration and in advisory
role for the President of the hospital.
* Participates as part of the Hospital s executive management team
in formulating overall strategies, goals, and objectives of the
institution and develops plans to promote these goals. Functions as
an expert consultant to management on a wide variety of human
* Develops, directs, and implements through subordinate personnel
and managers, human resources programs in talent acquisition,
employment, employee/labor relations, compensation, benefits,
training and development, career development, human resources
information systems, EEO/Affirmative Action and employee
* Provides leadership and guidance for diversity and inclusion
initiatives at the Hospital to foster a more inclusive culture and
* Executive Director will provide guidance and supervision to human
resources staff in the execution of policies and procedures,
approves major changes to internal human resources departmental
protocols and processes.
* Ensures timely preparation of budgets and submits to President of
Howard County for approval. Monitors expenditures within approved
budgets. Develops and obtains funding for new programs as
* Recommends new systems/programs/changes to the President based on
institutional needs and current trends in human resources. Ensures
that human resource policies support the goals of the Hospital.
* Reviews work of assigned personnel and make decisions concerning
new program, major changes, or problem areas. Evaluates
performance, recommends salary increases, promotions, employment,
counsels and disciplines as appropriate.
* Executive Director will make presentations to administrative
staff concerning such issues as new programs, policies and benefit
* Maintains professional affiliations as appropriate and
participates in activities to keep abreast of developments in
hospital administration and human resources.
* Works collaboratively with HR central office on shared service
functions and ensures alignment and consistency with JHHS HR
policies, processes, and practices.
* Oversees consistent application of personnel policies/procedures
and collective bargaining unit agreements. Creates an effective
partnership with the Union. Leads the Negotiation team and ensures
the appropriate membership.
* Responsible for leading talent management initiatives to include
retention programs, referral bonuses, relocation programs and
* Makes speeches and represents the hospital and Human Resources
related to functions for ceremonial, lobbying and public relations
purposes at the hospital.
* Develop and manage department budget to include salaries and all
* Responsible for setting and achieving department performance
objectives. Organizes and prioritizes work to meet changing
priorities. Develops and drafts HR policies. Gathers, correlates,
and interprets data to resolve or recommends strategic plans and/or
solutions for human resources problems.
* Develops solutions to complex problems, often involving multiple
interrelated issues and/or disciplines. Maintains a proactive
approach to solving problems translating them into practical
solutions before they become critical. Develop innovative and
Education & Experience
* Master's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources
Management, Labor Relations or related field.
* 10 plus years of progressively responsible human resource
experience encompassing at least two functional areas to include
five years of senior management-level experience in any of human
resources areas, or other related profession.
* Experience in a hospital environment is required
* Demonstrated experience managing and developing staff.
* Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification
* Excellent presentation skills and knowledge and compliance of
employment laws such as Civil Rights Act, Equal Pay Act, Fair Labor
Standards Act, ERISA, COBRA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, CFRA, and other state
and federal laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity
employment and personnel administration theories and practices.
* Extensive knowledge of performance management programs and total
* Extensive knowledge of computer applications related to the
analysis of HR data including spreadsheets, databases and word
* Extensive knowledge of Human Resources practices including
Employment, EEO/AA, Labor Relations, Benefits and Safety and their
relationship to business strategy.
* Thorough knowledge of theories, principles, and practices, of
program areas related to administrative services for a large,
* Thorough knowledge of administrative principles and methods,
including goal setting, program and budget development and
* Capital and operating budgets.
* Current HR best practices in streamlining policies and
* Social, political, and environmental issues influencing
Keywords: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington DC , Executive Director HR-Johns Hopkins, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!