Posted on: July 1, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Contributing to the development and advancement of company
advocacy and policy work, including collaborating with key
company-- staff to identify, implement, evaluate, and update the
organization's advocacy priorities, policy positions, and advocacy
strategies as articulated by the Board of Directors.
- Serving as an effective and visible spokesperson for company--
, increasing awareness of company-- advocacy and policy goals, and
broadening company-- reputation and visibility among elected and
appointed officials, partner organizations, the media, and
- Monitoring and responding to federal and state anti-hunger
legislation, communicating about company-- support or input to
sponsoring legislative offices, and providing technical assistance
on Capitol Hill and with the Administration.
- Assist with monitoring proposed regulatory actions, analyzing
potential impacts, and drafting formal comments on behalf of
- Producing advocacy-related materials such as action alerts,
memos, fact sheets, and background information as well as
presentations for meetings and briefings to engage key stakeholders
in company-- advocacy work.
- Contributing content for website, blogs, and social media
postings, including assistance with live tweeting, livestreaming
events, and social media advocacy campaigns.
- Working with the Outreach and Engagement team to strengthen and
maintain relationships with community organizations to advance
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Four to six years of prior/related work experience on Capitol
Hill, with government agencies, or with relevant public policy or
advocacy organizations required.
- Knowledge of or experience with food insecurity policy issues
highly desired, as is familiarity with company priority
- Familiarity with Jewish culture, values and teachings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong
analytical ability, particularly around policy and
- Outstanding relationship builder with the integrity, maturity,
confidence, wisdom and collaborative skills necessary to work
effectively with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Record of success as a positive and persuasive leader and team
- Familiarity with the use of digital/social media technology in
advocacy campaigns desired.
- Capacity to work independently, take initiative and be
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office required. Experience
with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to travel, including to represent company at outside
Keywords: Mazon, Washington DC , Deputy Director, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!