Director - Software Quality Assurance
Company: EchoStar Corporation
Posted on: February 16, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting
- Work closely with the Hughes business groups, engineering
organizations, software development teams, and operations teams to
continually evaluate and improve the end-to-end software
development processes, tools, and testing methods used in the
- Lead cross-functional teams to define the software quality
standards and metrics that will be used to evaluate the software
development processes in the company.
- Lead the implementation of approved process changes, new tool
adoption, and new testing method.
- Create a culture of continual improvement in the software
development processes throughout the company.
- Partner with the software development leadership team to define
the internal quality maturity capabilities & standards that will be
used to assess the continual improvement of the software
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor,
measure, and report on software quality and delivery performance.--
Utilize KPI performance to identify opportunities for
- Develop and maintain a standard software release scorecard to
measure the progress toward software quality goals and
- Evaluate and compare the software development processes to
global best practices to identify and recommend opportunities for
process improvements, new tools, and new methodologies.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, reduced complexity, and
proactive reduction of technical debt in the software development
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) of critical and major
software defects.-- Define and implement preventative action plans
based on the results of RCA's.--
- Identify, recommend, and implement automated testing
improvements throughout the entire software development lifecycle
to increase the speed, reliability, and manageability of the
- Provide staff training as necessary to ensure adoption and
effective use of the new ways of working.
- Respond to customer requested proposals (RFPs) for Hughes
products and services.-- Specifically, collaborate with peers in
the Quality Assurance department and the software development teams
to develop the responses to Software Quality questions and risk
mitigation plans required in customer proposals.
- Obtain and analyze customer feedback (obtained through customer
meetings and survey responses) to identify opportunities to improve
the customer experience with software releases.-- Examples of this
type of feedback in areas such as documentation improvement, user
interface recommendations, and configuration management
- BS--in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical
- 10+ years of Software Development and/or Software Testing
- 3+ years in project management or supervisory experience
- Hands-on experience with a representative cross section of
technologies and software languages used in the Hughes technology
stack, including C, C++, PERL, Java/J2EE, LINUX, and Windows.
- Prior experience with waterfall and agile software development
processes, version control, configuration management, release
management, and/or software quality assurance
Keywords: EchoStar Corporation, Washington DC , Director - Software Quality Assurance, Executive , Germantown, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!