Sr. Risk Management Analyst
Company: Choice Hotels
Posted on: February 16, 2020
In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional
people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger,
smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their
sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get
the job done - and done well.
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through
the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a
collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to
bring together people, brands, and technology that enable
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
- This position supports the Risk Manager regarding all aspects
of the enterprise-wide risk management program. This position also
supports the Vice President, Assistant General Counsel-Litigation
and Risk Management regarding all aspects of corporate insurance
programs, business continuity plans and insurance certificate
review. The primary focus for this position will be to support the
franchisee cyber insurance program, the development of additional
franchisee insurance programs, and the subrogation collection
process. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the
compilation of underwriting information for coverage placement,
review of franchisee insurance certificates and assisting with the
maintenance of the company's business continuity/disaster recovery
plan. The candidate will be expected to manage certain tasks on an
independent basis. Position will deal directly with internal and
external customers. Reports to Manager, Risk Management.
What you will do---
- Support franchisee cyber insurance program as primary liaison
with program administrator and franchisees
- Lead subrogation/collection efforts related to property level
- Assists with two annual insurance renewals; obtain and
assimilate renewal data.
- Assists with requests for basic insurance coverage information
and other risk related inquiries.
- Assist with filing and maintenance of insurance claims for the
benefit of the company (Auto, EPLI, Cyber, Pollution, Workers'
- Maintenance of third-party premises defense liability claims
database, tendering claims to franchisees, reporting claims to
third-party administrator; subrogation of third-party defense
- Assists with report preparation utilizing Excel, Access and
third-party administrator proprietary software.
- Processes vendor payments for various risk management
- Assists with annual, quarterly and monthly filing of corporate
workers' compensation premium reports for monopolistic states,
including payment of premiums.
- Performs periodic updates and quarterly maintenance of the
Corporate Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program.
- Assists in the maintenance, integrity and data quality of the
franchisee insurance certificate tracking program, including
database management, as well as communication with franchisees,
Area Directors and other internal stakeholders relative to
- Daily review of insurance certificates for hotels coming online
and communications with franchisees, their insurance agents and
others relative to insurance compliance. Must be available for
month-end, quarter-end and year-end insurance certificate
- Assists with company vendor certificate of insurance
- Assists in development of reports and analysis of
- Assists in development of and maintenance of other projects and
administrative tasks when assigned.
- Assimilation of financial data; calculate insurance
- Participate in state-mandated continued education insurance
Skills you have---
- Minimum AA degree in business
- Minimum of 2 years of insurance, claims or risk management
preferred, but not required
- ARM or other insurance certifications preferred, but not
- Excels in deadline-driven, high-volume environments
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Basic bookkeeping skills, required
- Excellent social skills and ability to work in a team focused,
customer service-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills with ability to
communicate effectively with insurance and non-insurance
- High proficiency in spreadsheet programs, preferably Excel,
Detail oriented with analytical and creative problem-solving
- Must have ability to multi-task and work effectively under
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations and insurance industry
- Must be able to obtain Maryland Property and Casualty Insurance
- Ability to explain complex insurance and risk management issues
and concepts effectively
- Ability to model Choice's Values & Performance Principles of
collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness
to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and
Ability to model Choice's Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect
Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show
Keywords: Choice Hotels, Washington DC , Sr. Risk Management Analyst, Executive , Rockville, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!