Posted on: February 16, 2020
OverviewTISTA Science & Technology is seeking an accomplished
financial leader within the technology and government contracting
industry to join our executive staff as the Chief Financial
Officer.--As the CFO, you will be responsible for the strategic and
operational components of the accounting and finance organization,
for a technology services company in the government sector. This
role is a strategic business partner to the senior executive
leadership team, and a trusted and confidential adviser to the
business owners. The CFO ensures operational excellence in all
aspects of strategic financial management, planning, budgeting,
risk management, cash management, accounting functions, reporting
systems and associated compliance requirements in the government
services environment. --This role is responsible for recruiting,
hiring and managing a high performing finance and accounting staff.
This role will also work cross-functionally with all other teams
and organizations across the enterprise in support of the companys
business and financial objectives.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities
And Essential DutiesStrategic Planning and Oversight
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Finance and Accounting
departments, including budget and forecast development, payroll,
taxes, audits, balance sheet and cash flow statement development,
client invoicing, and month-close and year-end processes.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and
long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify and mitigate risks and look for potential business
opportunities while making recommendations for action, including
providing financial expertise in the planning and forecasting of
new services, contracts, expansion based on Business Unit
projections in alignment with Business Support Teams (i.e. Office
of Chief Technology Officer)
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executives,
business units, and operational teams on both financial and
broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of
- Proactively prepare management reports to help leadership make
data-driven decisions to increase performance and profitability.
- Routinely communicate, engage and collaborate with the Chief
Executives, business units, and operational teams
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align
with the companys plan for growth and expansion.
- Contribute to business cases and strategic orientations of the
functions with finance assumptions, sensitivity analyses and
estimated impacts, support the transformation efforts of the
- Drive and maintain budgeting, and forecasting, and support
strategic planning processes, including strategic tax
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual
company operating budget.--Operations and Administration, Financial
Management, and Cash Flow
- Establish financial operations processes utilizing appropriate
systems that will allow the business to grow effectively over the
next several years.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper
functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
Ensure regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and
supervise company financial staff.
- Prepare and present routine financial reports including monthly
profit and loss by business unit.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state
and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to support accounting requirements
for benefit programs including the 401(k) plan and serve on the
401(k) investment committee.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing
procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage
preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide
recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic
alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to
provide financial insight into the organizations plans and
- Provide risk analysis and management to minimize financial and
other risks. Implement risk management strategies
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large
payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance
relating to the collection process--QualificationsMinimum Education
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred.
- CPA Strongly Preferred
- 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a large ($100 million+)
corporation, preferably with experience in a technology services
- Extensive knowledge and experience with government contracting
- 14+ years total accounting or finance experience
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or
upgrade accounting system.
- Hands On ERP Systems Experience
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal
controls and compliance-related issues.
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving
business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive
presence - ability to motivate staff.
- Strong operational skills that will drive organizational
- Ability to collaborate across organization and with external
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Strong time-management and organizational ability.
- Sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven
track record of taking ownership and leading by example.
- Advanced presentation skills, with ability to guide and
influence senior leaders and other key stakeholders
- Strong ability to perform in a high pace environment and
- Rockville, MDTISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI
Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information
technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies.
TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest
growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of
2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business
Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon
category.Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans
and encourage all to apply!Employment Transparency:--TISTA is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces
diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of TISTA to
provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, or genetic information. TISTA will refrain from
discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or
applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their
compensation or the compensation of other employees or
applicants.The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the
poster supplement is available here.--The Pay Transparency Policy
is available here.Tista is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you
need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of
the employment process, please send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 968-3420 and let us know the
nature of your request and your contact information.----
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Washington DC , CFO, Executive , Rockville, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!