Forward Deployed Engineer (Federal)
Posted on: August 24, 2019
C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating
digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite
uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to
develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x
to 100x faster than alternative approaches. Forward Deployed
Engineers work at the leading edge of our business to rapidly and
accurately configure the C3.ai Platform and Application solutions
that solve complex business problems involving significant scale
and technical complexity in new domains and for new customers.
Forward Deployed Engineers work closely with the customer's IT,
business analytics, and data science teams to demonstrate the
capabilities of the C3.ai Platform. Our Forward Deployed engineers
are comfortable architecting systems that require analyzing
high-volume, high-frequency, broad, unstructured or real time data
sets. Data science and big data techniques are core to the C3.ai
Platform and the Forward Deployed Engineers maintain conversational
and technical competency in these areas. We're looking for
engineers who are project oriented and enjoy selling and
interacting with customers to solve high impact, previously
unsolved problems. Recent examples of successful engagements
include predictive maintenance on oil and gas equipment and
aircraft subsystems, supply chain optimization, manufacturing yield
optimization, chronic disease prevention, customer spend
prediction, and equipment lifetime optimization. These are high
value projects with high levels of internal and external
visibility. This role requires US Citizenship or US Permanent
Residence. Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
(Secret or higher) is preferred. Your Responsibilities:
- Engage directly with customers to design, develop, and deploy
AI enterprise applications on the C3.ai Platform
- Become an expert in application design and development on the
C3.ai Platform; lead design and code reviews of end-to-end customer
- Perform enhancement, testing, and troubleshooting, of
applications with and on behalf of customers
- Continuously identify technical risks and gaps; devise
mitigation strategies in anticipation of customer needs
- Write specifications, documentation, and user guides for
customer applications. Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or
comparable area of study.
- 3+ years of experience in both front and back end development,
exposure to CSS & HTML, and significant skill in one or more of the
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating software products,
presenting technical deep-dives, and technical objection
- General knowledge of big data, database, batch/stream
processing, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts, examples and
- Highly communicative and team oriented.
- Strong work ethic, goal-oriented, attention to detail and
proven record of delivery. Preferred:
- Experience with Federal government, especially DoD.
- TS/SCI Clearance (preferably DoD).
- Willing and able to obtain security clearance.
- Familiarity of CLI tools, specifically: awk, sed, grep, find,
tail, head, curl.
- Familiarity with version control tools, specifically: Git.
- Technical competency in Data Science, i.e. has experience in
learning machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in working in an AGILE engineering
- Understanding of the competitive landscape in enterprise big
data and machine learning platforms.
- Competency in public speaking & customer interaction. C3.ai
provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally
protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran
Keywords: C3.ai, Washington DC , Forward Deployed Engineer (Federal), Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!