Company: Logistics Management Institute
Posted on: August 17, 2019
LMI is currently seeking a Data Engineer within LMI s Advanced
Analytics service line to support the design and implementation of
business critical data management & engineering solutions. The
position will provide data engineering support for a human
**This position is located at a client site in Washington, DC**
LMI is seeking a broadly skilled Data Engineer, who will prepare
data for analytical and /or operational uses within a defined
organization, functional, and / or application context. This
* Leading / developing data products within the system / software
development life cycle from requirements definition, to
architecture, design, implementation, and test, through deployment
and operations and support;
* Defining / developing techniques to integrate, consolidate, and
structure data for analytical use, to include ability to inform on
data aggregation and associated security implications;
* Identifying data migration strategies to transition data from
legacy systems and technologies to advanced, enterprise-based
* Preparing strategic and tactical recommendations with sufficient
rationale to advise senior leader decisions relative to the
applicability and application of data technologies; and
* Working with customers and colleagues in a team environment to
The ideal candidate will have direct, applied experience with one
or more of the following areas:
* Knowledge and experience in overall ETL processes
* Develop data architecture and design products, develop data flow
diagrams, data dictionaries, and logical and physical models
* Define data requirements, document data elements, and capture and
* Develop data structures and systems to support the generation of
* Identify and clean incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate or
* Archive and store data for long-term retention
* Adhere to compliance and audit requirements for data storage,
architecture, cybersecurity, etc.
* Apply data standards and best practices while adhering to
applicable federal laws, policies, directives, mandates and
guidance, to include data protection of sensitive information (e.g.
Personal identifiable information (PII) and Protected Health
* More than 2 years of experience and a MA/MS degree, or more than
4 years of experience and a BS/BA degree.
* Must have at least 2+ years of experience building data
pipelines, data modeling, data migration, ETL, and automation
* Experience with requirements generation
* Experience with data warehousing
* Experience with a scripting language, and ability to learn a new
* Must have knowledge of standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin,
ER Studio) and SQL.
* Experience with business process engineering, change management,
and/or systems engineering is desired.
* Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Master's degree is preferred.
* Experience with Python
* Experience with ESB (Enterprise Service Bus)
* Experience with J2EE or .NET
* Knowledge of HR information systems, federal IT preferred.
* 8 or more years of experience providing data engineering support
for IT-based systems.
* Minimal travel, less than 10%.
* Bonus: Experience with NASA s Personnel Data Warehouse and other
NASA infrastructure and applications
* Active Secret Clearance preferred.
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of
providing applicants and employees with equal employment
opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law.
We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled
veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.
Keywords: Logistics Management Institute, Washington DC , Data Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!