Senior Cloud Engineer
Posted on: May 19, 2019
The Cloud Engineer (CE) improves the reliability and performance of
cloud applications and cloud infrastructure deployed on Amazon Web
Services, building the next generation infrastructure for
applications and systems, focusing on automation, availability, and
performance. The CE is the internal "cloud expert" and specialist
within the multidisciplinary Agile development team. The designing,
building, implementing, and managing of the hybrid AWS on-prem
commodity-based cloud/distributed-computing infrastructure is the
chief responsibility of the CE. In conjunction with the DBE and
other ADT members, the CE insures that the cloud data stores and
processes are replicated based on industry best practices.
What you'll do...
- Manages both strategic cloud initiatives as well as immediate
- Chief architect and administrator for the cloud hardware and
software stack to include frequent reconfiguration as new or more
optimal configurations are identified.
- Facilitates effective processes associated with the
- Collaborates closely with the technology team and the end user
analysts to implement cutting edge big data algorithms and
- Engages in software solution planning and creation to ensure
applicable cloud resources are most effectively applied.
- Identifies where processes can be optimized through
- Ensures that the cloud capability is leveraged to its fullest
extent and available to the maximum user base. Rapidly executes
tasks and frequently iterates to ensure maximum user input and
- Ensures the interoperability of the in-house capability with
- Plans and implements big data transfer protocols, utilities,
and infrastructure pipes.
You'd be a great fit if you have...
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science
or related fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering) and
6+ years experience (additional years' experience considered in
lieu of degree).
- COMPTIA Security+ certification or CISSP certification
- Proficiency in two or more of the following DevOps methods:
Ansible, Puppet, pure SSH
- Familiarity with current Agile methods
- Proficiency with the following operating systems including:
UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco IOS, etc.
- ETL processes; including document parsing techniques
- Networking, compute, and storage technologies
- NoSQL database such as Neo4J, Titan, Mongo, Cassandra, and
- AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.)
- Processing and managing large data sets (multi PB
- Container configuration and implementation -Docker or
- Scripting in Python, Perl, Bash
- Web services environment and technologies such as XML, KML,
SOAP, and JSON
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting in very complex distributed
environments including following stack traces back to code and
identifying a root cause
- Must have a current TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph
and maintain the clearance. It would be even better if you...
- Have a Masters degree in Computer Science or related fields
(e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering) - but a technical BS
degree will suffice
- Management/tracking utilities such as Jira, Redmine, or
- Running Internet facing or Service Level Agreement (SLA'd)
- Real-time media protocols (Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP),
Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP))
- Data transfer systems such NiFi
- Certification from an agile certified institute, International
Consortium for Agile, Scaled Agile Academy, Scrum Alliance,
Scrum.org, International Scrum Institute, ScrumStudy, Project
Management Institute - Agile Certified Practitioner, or similar
- or training is desired
- Support to SOF; Previous experience with technology,
intelligence and cyber under the umbrella of USSOCOM
- Cloud based certifications
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Washington DC , Senior Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!