Company: Octo Consulting Group
Location: Mc Lean
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some
of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your
career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace
culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission
critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best
places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice! Octo
is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. This DevOps
Engineer will perform as part of shared services platform team
using Agile methodologies to develop and enhance a DevOps/tooling
suite. This suite will support tenet programs to migrate and
refactor legacy applications into this cloud-based platform.
- Interact with team members to improve our engineers' tools,
technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Assist the shared services platform development team to support
the seamless deployment of their code and of tenet applications'
- Enable tools and monitoring as part of a DevOps pipeline using
IaaS as Code, containerization, PaaS-tools.
- Use IaaS and virtualized-infrastructure to help deploy tenet
- Support the design of build and design patterns to allow tenet
applications to quickly migrate and/or refactor into the shared
- Minimum 3+ and BA in Computer Science or related technical
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining web applications.
- Has deep understanding of infrastructure, application
programming, and web and software applications. Familiar with a
variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to construct and execute network, server, and
application status monitoring.
- Knowledge of software automation production systems, including
- Comfortable working using Agile development methodologies and
have experience using the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Confluence
and BitBucket) for documenting work.
- Experience with cloud or virtualization technologies such
- Comfortable working in a Linux-based environment. Other Desired
- Public Trust Tier 4 at Treasury
- Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with Containerization Platforms including EKS, ECR,
- Experience with Jenkins, Cloudbees or similar
- Familiar with DevOps practices of continuous integration and
- C2S experience
- Experience with Container management solutions such as Docker,
Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
- Leveraging infrastructure-as-code capabilities such as Puppet,
Chef, Ansible, etc. Clearance: Must be US Citizen and clearable at
Public Trust Tier 4 Location and Hours: Washington, DC About Octo
Consulting Group, Inc. Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an
industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for
the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile
software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and
digital strategy services that address government's most pressing
missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results,
yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes. Our team is what
makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest
and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers
fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will
feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our
government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple
times, Octo is an employer of choice! Octo Consulting Group is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious
creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo
Consulting Group's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection
practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job
seekers receive equal consideration for employment. Other
Considerations: This position is W-2 only; no Corp-to-Corp or 1099
candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants
will be subject to a background investigation. Individual's primary
workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this
environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for
extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move
about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC,
copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to
reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include use of computer
monitor screens up to 80% of time. For more information please
Keywords: Octo Consulting Group, Washington DC , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Mc Lean, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!