Principal or Sr. Principal Network Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop GrummanTechnology Servicessector is seeking an experienced mid or senior level Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Springfield VA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Vanguard program team. This is a contract to provide the US Department of State with professional, technical, and support services to support the global enterprise network development, deployment, and support. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Working with the stakeholder community to determine network requirements
* Developing large enterprise WAN network designs
* Documenting the network design using Visio
* Configuring the network equipment (ASAs, routers, switches, etc)
* Working with field staff to:
* Walking field staff through the installation process and checkout
* Remotely turn up and test the network equipment and connectivity
* Troubleshoot remote network sites
BQs for the Level 3 is BS and at least 5 years of experience. BQs for the Level4 is BS and at least9 years of experience.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* B.S. degree in aSTEM related area.
* Three or more years of related network design, configuration, and Tier III support
* Must have experience with Cisco ASAs, Routers and Switches
* Must have a Secret security clearance and must be able to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
Candidates with theses desired skills will be given preferential considerations:
* Good working skills in Microsoft office (Word PowerPoint, Project, and Excel).
* Good working skills in Remedy trouble ticketing and asset management system.
* Cisco Certification
* ITIL experience or certifications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Washington DC , Principal or Sr. Principal Network Engineer, Engineering , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!