Network Engineer 2/3
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to support an IT infrastructure network consolidation program in Fairfax, VA. The Network Engineer will be a member of the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Eastern Region homeroom. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to design, develop, produce and sustain product lines across while providing a decisive advantage to our customer's missions.
A Network Engineer designs, develops, configures, integrates, installs and tests network systems. The candidates will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
* Design and plan network communication systems
* Provide specification and detailed schematics for network architecture
* Define and develop techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs to include current and future capacity
* Conduct testing of network design
* Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interface such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
* Evaluate and report on new communication technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
* Troubleshoot, upgrade and implement improvements to the entire enclave, to include but not limited to Cisco and Juniper
This position may be hired as a level 2 or level 3
* Basic qualification for a Level 2 are -- 2 Years with Bachelor in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline; or 7 years of network engineering experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
* Basic qualification for a Level 3 are -- 5 Years with Bachelor in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline; or 3 Years with Masters in a STEM discipline from an accredited university; or 10 years of network engineering experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
* Active TS/SCI clearance with CI polygraph
* Current Network Certifications of an Industry Standard, i.e., Cisco or Juniper Certified, CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, JNCP, etc.
* CompTIA Security+ Certification, or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II or III certification
* Experience with Cisco switches or routers
* Experience with BGP, OSPF, multicast high availability, firewalls
* Experience with implementing IT infrastructures
* Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ASA, Aggregation Service Routers (ASR) hardware and software
* Strong working knowledge of IP address/Networking theory including common command line tools and commonly used ports to troubleshot and test network/connectivity issues
* Experience as information assurance technician (IAT) level 1 or higher
* Demonstrated experience developing and troubleshooting applications on multiple platforms in an enterprise domain
* Familiarity with firewall types/theory and configuration of OS installed FWs
* Experience working with government customers and other contractors
* Ability to travel (less than 10%)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Washington DC , Network Engineer 2/3, Engineering , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!