Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Summit Technologies
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Summit Technologies, Inc. has a full-time position available for a Sr. Network Engineer.As a member of the Network Engineering Team you will be responsible for managing optimization and tuning multiple Cisco devices and other network appliances in an enterprise environment.You must be a US Citizen or a permanent US resident, as this is a government position requiring a Public Trust security clearance. This position is located on-site in Washington, DC.Responsibilities:
- Designing, installing, and supporting LAN, WAN, and VoIP infrastructures.
- Installing, administrating, and testing of routers, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment.
- Developing and implementing network security procedures to safeguard networking systems.
- Analysis, design, support, and maintenance of the local and wide area networks to support data, voice, and video services.
- Planning and conducting installations, transitions, conversions and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Providing Tier 3 technical support for voice and data network systems.
- Creating and maintaining network documentation.
- Supporting daily network monitoring for network security vulnerabilities, equipment failures, bandwidth and throughput.
- Creating and maintaining solution requirements, design, and usage documentation.
- Conducting group and individual end user training for updated solutions.Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN, DNS, SNMP and experience designing and implementing network solutions.
- Knowledge/Experience with 10G Fiber and 10GE networking.
- Experience with SNMP-based NMS tools (i.e. HP OpenView, Solarwinds Orion).
- Experience setting up Cisco IOS Switches and Routers, ASA Firewalls, Cisco Wireless Controllers and WAPs.
- Knowledge/Experience with NX-OS based systems.
- Experience with load balancers, WAN optimization, web proxies, VoIP, T1, T3, OC3, OC12.
- Experience with IPsec VPN, tunnels, HSRP/GLBP/VRRP, OSPF, MPLS, TACACS+.
- Experience with CISCO VOIP, CISCO ISE, Cisco Prime, and CISCO Wireless solutions.
- Advanced troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, and VOIP issues, including demonstrated experience with complex multi-site network troubleshooting, multilayered switch environments, VPN technologies, and network monitoring.
- Experience with Microsoft DNS/DHCP Server administration.
- Experience documenting network engineering solutions using Visio, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to enforce enterprise networking standards, including security policies, to ensure the governance policies and processes are maintained.Desired Skills:
- Experience with PBX, Juniper, Riverbed, BlueCoat, Infoblox, Cisco Content Switch Services, and Brocade fiber channel switches.
- Experience with ServiceNow Incident Ticket management system.Education and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline plus 8 years of documented experience designing and implementing network solutions.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).Security Clearance:
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.If you are a good match and interested in more information, please reply or forward the following information to: and place the job # "5496" in the email subject line.
- Updated resume in Word format including MM/YYYY for each employer.
- Best times and ways (email addresses and phone numbers) to reach you.
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits).
- Availability to interview and start.Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best prospects and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. - provided by Dice LAN/WAN, DNS, SNMP, Cisco IOS Switches and Routers, ASA Firewalls, IPsec VPN, tunnels, HSRP/GLBP/VRRP, OSPF, MPLS, TACACS+
Keywords: Summit Technologies, Washington DC , Sr. Network Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!