Company: The ACI Group
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Cloud Engineer, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Cloud Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
The Cloud Engineer will provide cloud assistance and troubleshooting that reflects the strategic direction and roadmaps related to IaaS architecture. This role will also participate in, support, and provide engineering efforts for IaaS Infrastructure. In addition, this role will mentor, train, and lead fellow team members.
- Analyze the cloud infrastructure needs
- Participate to selection and deployment of Cloud solutions (SLA, performance, support, cost).
- Design and implement private cloud infrastructure. Ensure full integration with hybrid cloud platform management layer, identity management and infrastructure.
- Work closely with other engineering teams.
- Ensure operations, scaling, maintenance of our private cloud infrastructure
- Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT.
- Design, deploy and supporting of multi-tier applications on-premise and AWS cloud.
- Create Jenkins jobs for stack provision, application code deployments also managing the Jenkins and github administration.
- Provision both on-premise VMs and cloud EC2's part of application hosting support.
- Linux Engineering on call rotation support for both on-premise and cloud.
- Set up servers and application URL monitoring on SiteScope and SolarWinds.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related technical degree required and 10+ years' experience with system administration, system patching and related duties
- In depth knowledge of AWS services
- Hands on experience in AWS resource provisioning
- Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS
- Ability to design and operate high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions
- Ability to design applications on AWS taking advantage of disaster recovery design guidelines
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS
- Experience in AWS Networking - Direct Connect/VPC, NACL's, security groups, etc.,
- Ability to work closely with business to understand and incorporate non-functional requirements in the application architecture
- Understanding of Microsoft domain and networking technologies.
- Comprehension of computer technology and ability to quickly learn related concepts and new software products.
- AWS Certifications
- VMWare Certifications or equivalent industry credentials in at least one of the following:
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Experience with Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) of Government systems
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering to a Government customer
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry's leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package. - provided by Dice
Keywords: The ACI Group, Washington DC , Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Rockville, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!