Build and Release Engineer
Company: Princeton Information Ltd
Posted on: October 12, 2018
As a member of the Configuration Management team, you will be responsible for providing configuration management support for all development teams and business owners to facilitate build and deployment activities. Additionally, the successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the implementation and continuing support of cross platform build systems, continuous integration systems, automated testing, packaging systems, multiple branched environments, and source control integration. Key Job Functions:
* Support Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps transformation initiatives under the guidance of the configuration manager/architect.
* Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (e.g.: Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, etc.) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, etc.).
* Works with development and Infrastructure Teams in developing building/packaging/deployment processes for new projects.
* Work with various IT teams to automate manual release/build related activities utilizing DevOps principles.
* Setup/Configuration/Administration of Binary Repositories like Artifactory, Nexus etc. QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Minimum Experience:
* Minimum 5 years of experience working with Software Build and Deployments. Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
* Experience with Scripting/Build tools like MAVEN, Gradle, ANT etc.
* Knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration.
* Hands-on working experience with the Source Code Management tools like GIT, Bitbucket, and TFS.
* Implementation Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes using various tools like TeamCity, Jenkins/Bamboo, and Artifactory/Nexus as binary repository.
* Good written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to think quickly and logically to resolve issues.
* Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices.
Our Commitment to Our Consultants
As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible.
Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career.
Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one! - provided by Dice Access, Architect, Automated, Configuration Management, Consulting, Development, Engineer, IT, Linux, Manager, Management, Packaging, Release, Shell Scripting, Software, Source Code, Systems, Telecom, Testing, Unix
Keywords: Princeton Information Ltd, Washington DC , Build and Release Engineer, Engineering , Bethesda, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!