Field Engineer - Prosper Press
Company: Eastman Kodak
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Field Engineer - Prosper Press
Kodak is Hiring!
We are looking for an experienced Field Engineer in White Plains, MD area
Our service team is looking for an individual which will help Kodak grow in the future. We are looking for an experienced Field Engineer to repair, maintain and install Kodak Inkjet Printing Systems. These products may include Prosper Presses, S-Series Printers and other legacy inkjet systems. Such an individual would need to drive customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance, configurations, and operations which may impact product performance. We are looking for an individual who will manage service calls (in real time) in our state of the art system, including following up on service calls, identifying potential growth opportunities, and helping to ensure the site's profitability.
JOB DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for on-site installing, maintaining and repairing Enterprise Inkjet Systems products, which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance, value of Equipment Maintenance Agreements, Support Services, training and configurations that will improve product performance.
- Effectively manages assigned territory, including following up on service problem escalations or potential sales leads.
- Responsible for administration pertaining to customer calls, timely completion of service reports, expense reports and weekly time reports, as well as the tracking of preventive maintenance and upgrade requirements for assigned customers.
- Performs necessary servicing and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- System installation of equipment.
- Provide operator training and ongoing support for customers.
- Ability to delight customers by developing strong relationships and striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Act as customer liaison and help drive customer issues to resolution.
- Drives revenue growth initiatives as assigned by management.
- Builds and fosters strong relationships with sales partners.
- Educate customers on the latest corporate initiatives and products
- Maintains company assets in accordance with company guidelines.
- Consistently meets all performance goals.
- Presents and maintains a professional image at all times.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- A working knowledge of PC operating systems and software applications and a basic understanding of networking fundamentals,
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve system/equipment issues.
Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and application of electronics and strong electro-mechanical skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Makes sound business decisions and manage/control personal business expenses.
- Ability to market service and promote new business opportunities.
- Effective use of business tools.
- Capable of working independently without direct supervision.
- Readiness to accept and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Exhibits Kodak Core Values.
- Planning, organizational and administrative abilities.
- Motivated to continuous self-improvement.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree, or Certification in electrical or mechanical engineering, technical trade school studies or equivalent experience
- Three or more years related field service experience
- Previous experience servicing similar equipment
- Previous experience managing a territory
- Experience in the Graphic Arts industry would be an asset
- Knowledge of Inkjet Printing / Digital Printing
- Basic understanding of Color Theory
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical devices and complex electro-optic and high-tech equipment
The environment in which the FE services may be a high availability/mission critical account where system outages may occur. The individual proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
The FE may be required to provide On-Call, after hours support or work different shifts based on company need. This may include nights, weekends and holidays. The individual may also be required to take calls outside of their assigned Customer site, territory or District.
Must be willing to travel (possibly internationally) for short and long-term assignments, as required.
Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
Ability to obtain security clearance as required by customers (ex. ability to be bonded in Canada)
Field Engineer / Technician
Minimum Education Level
Associates Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
USA - DC - Washington, USA - MD - Baltimore, USA - VA - Alexandria
EOE Policy Statement
Kodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Read our EOE Policy Statement.
Employment Sponsorship Notification
Any candidate/applicant requiring sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status will not be considered for this position. Kodak as an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage you to look for jobs where sponsorship will be provided.
Keywords: Eastman Kodak, Washington DC , Field Engineer - Prosper Press, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!