Company: Aldridge Electric
Posted on: February 15, 2018
With nearly $500 million in annual revenue and over 65 years of experience completing complex infrastructure projects, Aldridge is widely recognized as one of the leading contractors in the country.
Aldridge has built a reputation for completing challenging projects in the transportation, power, utility and industrial markets while upholding our commitment to being Incident and Injury Free. Our strength comes from our team, with over 900 of the industry---s best individuals driving the success of our organization. Aldridge provides quality work through innovation; finding better and more efficient ways to approach our projects and ensure customer satisfaction.
We are searching for a Safety Engineer for our Washington DC Metro area projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
JOB PURPOSE: Assist the Group Safety Manager with maintaining the company safety programs for each assigned Division. Provide training and education for all personnel with regard to all OSHA and ANSI standards as they relate to the construction industry.
- Monitor and enforce all company safety policies and procedures.
- Work with Division Manager and Project Managers to address specific Division safety needs.
- Liaison between our company and General and Subcontractors.
- Prepare and/or conduct appropriate Divisional training as needed and maintain training documentation.
- Report any incidents, near misses, good catches, and maintain documentation.
- Review safety policies and procedures as requirements change.
- Conduct daily jobsite inspections.
- Report, record, and keep all job audits.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly safety committee meetings.
- Use the proper tools and equipment for each task and use them correctly. If knowledge or proficiency with the operation or equipment is questionable, ask before it is used.
- Attend all weekly safety toolbox meetings.
- Be a participant and engage in discussion generated at such meetings. We hold these for everyone---s benefit and your input is valuable.
- Report all unsafe behaviors and/or conditions, near misses, incidents, and injuries to your supervisor immediately. Take immediate action as appropriate if you observe something that could cause injury to a fellow worker.
--- Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent.
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in a construction environment or Internship experience.
- Basic computer skills- Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to handle pressure and adapt to a variety of field conditions.
- People oriented personality to ---sell--- safety programs to the field.
The Aldridge Group of companies is an EEO M/F/Vet/Disability/Affirmative Action Employer.
This job-specific task list covers only the most important job duties. Employees assigned to this position title will also perform other occasional work assignments not mentioned above, including temporary assignments, training assignments, and other related duties. Aldridge will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Keywords: Aldridge Electric, Washington DC, Safety Engineer, Engineering, Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!