Posted on: September 21, 2023
We are looking for a WebGL Engineer to join our 3D Visualization
and Tools team and take an active part in building the next
generation of interactive web tools for converting 3D scans into
CAD models. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this role will
involve the development of advanced measurement and modeling tools
based on our latest computer vision and machine learning
algorithms. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work on
the team that crafts 3D web experiences for hundreds of thousands
of customers who scan millions of square feet per month.
What you'll do:
- Build the interactive web tools used by our internal Ops team
to convert 3D scans into CAD models, with focus on 3D UX,
operations with mesh and integration of CV / ML-based
- Build the customer-facing 3D visualization web application that
allows our customers to see their 3D scans and CAD models, as well
as take measurements right in the iOS app and in the web
- Ensure scalability, reliability and high level of automation of
our systems that are used to process a high volume of 3D scans per
You should have:
(or any other shader language).
- Proficiency with 3D math - you should be able to create complex
geometries / meshes automatically as well as from the user's
- Experience building with WebGL, specifically going under the
hood of the framework. You should know how things work on a deep
level, and be capable of making custom modifications, not just
- Good understanding of graphics pipeline.
- Comfortable working across multiple time zones and
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of web systems design and architecture.
- Frontend experience (React / Vue / AngularJS).
- Backend experience, knowledge of Python and Django.
- Experience with 3D software (Blender, 3ds max, SketchUp,
- Knowledge of BIM specifications and experience converting CAD
geometry to different formats (IFC, SKP, and others).
- Participation in development of open source projects or having
open projects on GitHub, GitLab, and so on.
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive
salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and
disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan
(or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some
not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and
development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can
be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people
from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to
apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career
could look like here at Canvas.
Keywords: Foundry, Washington DC , WebGL Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!