Posted on: March 20, 2023
Upon award of the UFC Inspection contract on or about July 2022,
Versar will provide facility inspection teams that identify
engineering deficiencies for new and existing construction in
accordance with (IAW) various Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC)
standards. Targeted services include:
- Perform evaluations IAW UFC 1-201-02 to establish compliance
with minimum life safety and habitability requirements.
- Perform inspections on in-progress construction efforts IAW
applicable UFC standards.
- Review plans for military construction projects, facility
modernization, rehabilitation programs, or self-help projects for
compliance with the appropriate UFC standards. The inspection teams
will be primarily located in Kuwait or Jordan with inspection
assignments anywhere within the United States Central Command
(USCENTCOM) area of responsibility (AOR) including Bahrain, Egypt,
Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Oman,
Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey,
Turkmenistan, UAE, Uzbekistan, and Yemen. All services will be
performed at existing and future US Military and coalition occupied
- Possess a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an
- Possess at least two years of experience demonstrating the
ability to apply the standards of UFC 1-200-01, UFC 1-201-02, UFC
Series 3-200 and UFC Series 3-300.
- Have no less than two years of experience performing
Civil-Structural inspections, reviews, and/or assessments.
- Exceptional computer skills in common business software
including email, spreadsheets and document (MS-Outlook, MS-Excel,
MS-Project, and MS-Word or equivalent).
- International experience and CENTCOM specific experience is
preferred. Other Information:
- The candidate must be a US citizen or a citizen from a NATO
participating country that is able to obtain a US or NATO secret
- The candidate must have the ability to work under austere
conditions in the CENTCOM AOR and must pass a medical screening
physical to obtain a "fitness for duty" letter.
- The candidate must pass a background check and be cleared by
the US government.
- The candidate must possess a valid Passport with a minimum of
18 months before expiration.
- Candidates should expect to work six days a week, 12 hours a
- Lodging and transportation will be provided by Versar or the US
Government. Meals will be provided by the US Government in Dining
Facilities or by Versar through Per Diem reimbursement.
- The candidate must commit to a one-year employment term. During
this term, the candidate will receive two, two-week Rest and
Relaxation periods outside of CENTCOM.
- Standard US wages will be uplifted for remote working
conditions, and an elevated workweek of up to 72 hours per
Versar is a Federal Contractor, in accordance with the Executive
Order (EO) 14042 on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for
Federal Contractors, Versar has adopted a Policy to comply with the
Vaccine Mandate that all employees be vaccinated to safeguard the
health of our employees and their families; our customers and
visitors; and the community at large from COVID 19.
Keywords: Versar, Washington DC , Civil-Structural Engineer, Engineering , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...