Field Engineer - 2023 (NOVA)
Company: Allan Myers
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Field Engineer - 2023 (NOVA)
# of Openings
This full-time entry level engineering position supports a crew(s),
project or plant team(s) in the planning, scheduling, execution,
and controlling of site and heavy civil construction projects. Has
particular focus on maintaining cost factor goals, bid day margins,
and contributing to an incident and injury free home and work-life.
Actions all while working in accordance with company policies,
procedures, and programs.
- Communicates, models and continuously
reinforces company culture and leadership practices with other team
members, including Values, Safety, Ethics Policy, and the
- Supports a crew(s), project or plant team(s) by developing work
plans and work schedules for production.
- Performs laborer tasks as part of a crew which may include;
pipe, excavation, site cleanup, painting and maintenance, and other
- Interprets contract plans and specifications.
- Ensures that work performed meets the specified requirements
- Documents projects through diary entries, photographs, video,
inspections, requests for information, reports, and in maintaining
various CMiC logs and journals.
- Develops, reviews, and processes necessary submissions and
tracks their status through to final approval.
- May assist in negotiation, pricing, and purchasing of parts,
materials, and labor.
- Assists in managing and tracking fabrication, and in the
delivery of required materials. Ensures correct cost code charging
- Tracks quantities of worked performed by the company and by
subcontractor(s). Provides input into quantities of work to be
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the compliance and incorporation of safety
initiatives, values, and the Home Safe Tonight program.
- May participate on Safe Production Teams.
- May assist with Daily Written Work Plans and Work Hazard
assessments as applicable.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, related
major, or equivalent
- 0-2 years of engineering or construction experience
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Valid driver's license required Starting at $65,000
Our Company Does Work That MattersAllan Myers is the largest heavy
civil construction and materials production contractor in the
mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges
that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater
systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams
clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards
because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive
impact on the community.Our Family is Strong and GrowingWe employ
more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for "Better, Faster,
Safe" performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep
up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to
hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and
salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us,
and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and
your family.Your Future is a Career Not a Job As a family-owned
company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we
treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care
and concern for one another's safety and well-being. We pay well
and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and
promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build
a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full
potential. Allan Myers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Allan Myers, Washington DC , Field Engineer - 2023 (NOVA), Engineering , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!