Cyber Security Engineer, Principle
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Recro is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented
Individual to function as a Cyber Security Engineer. Clearance
- TS/SCI W/ CI Polygraph Responsibilities include, but are not
- Perform tasks and complete customer requests using the
ServiceNow delivery platform.
- Resolve incident tickets issued through ServiceNow.
- On-board customer s assets consisting of operating systems,
applications and network devices in multiple enclaves.
- Participate in Beta-testing future enhancements to the Audit
Enterprise system and provide valuable feedback.
- Lead the exploration of emerging technologies by arranging
demonstrations, providing technical evaluations, and input to the
customer's roadmap development.
- Manage the engineering, integration, and administration support
required for successful delivery of capabilities and services to
the operational baseline.
- Assist the Program/Project engineers in testing and
implementing future enhancements.
- Utilize, evaluate and update all engineer instruction sets and
- Ability to learn and perform the testing of sophisticated Audit
SIEM platform applications in a physical and virtual
- Perform various Linux and Windows systems administration tasks
related to the operational system.
- Verification and validation that the segments are operating as
desired, audit events are being processed, metrics generation, and
ensuring that all required systematic audit events are being
- Operate and multitask in a dynamic high tempo environment.
- Perform the engineering, integration, and administration
support required for successful delivery of capabilities and
services to the operational baseline.
- Perform work duties in a government environment as part of a
- Facilitate the enablement, collection, and verification of
customer data within SIEM tools.
- Develop SIEM search queries to support Enterprise Audit service
- Ability to learn custom audit solutions with advanced parsing
- Lead and coordinate Beta-testing future enhancements to the
Audit Enterprise system and provide valuable feedback Basic
- Minimum Education: B.S. or relevant experience in related
- Minimum/General Experience: 5-7 years of related
- Must possess the required DoD Directive 8570.1 IAT Level II or
higher certification or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and in
team environments and be able to take on tasks quickly with minimal
- Strong organizational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
with a high level of attention to detail are required to succeed in
this diverse environment.
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding and appropriate
application of DoD policy and technical security guidance to
- A good understanding of Linux and Windows systems
administration, general operating system security practices, TCP/IP
networking, and network security concepts is required.
- Familiarity with the Certification & Accreditation process is
preferable but not required. Advanced Qualifications:
- Ability to learn and comprehend from provided training in an
individual contributor and team capacity.
- Splunk Certifications
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management
(SIEM) platforms, preferable Splunk.
- Experience with Linux, Windows Server and workstations, Red Hat
- Cloud environment experience and/or certifications.
- Ability to modify feed creation to ingest customer logs in a
standard format to meet policy requirements.
- Familiarization with ICS 500-27 for Audit collection
- Familiarization with other Enterprise security services Host
Base Security Service, and Enterprise Vulnerability Scanning
Service, and UAM
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas for executive - level as
well as technical staff consumption
- Analytical capability to look for and provide input on process
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a
team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project
priorities. Benefits at Recro;
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401k - 6% matching and 401k profit sharing (total 401k
contributions up to 25%)
- PTO - 15 days
- Federal Holidays - 10 days
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Tuition Working at Recro;
- A Great Culture - We are building a culture at Recro where
amazing people (like you) can do their best work. If you are ready
to grow your career and recro (re-invent) the way our clients
operate, you have come to the right place.
- A Great Place to Work - Employees are treated like people, not
line items. We work smart when we can and hard when we must but we
always do it together, as a team. We are a team with tons of
passion and enthusiasm to blaze new trails and improve the state of
our clients, the broader community, and even the world.
- A Great Place to Contribute - We believe diverse perspectives
improve each challenge that we face. We trust and enable our
amazing people to accomplish amazing feats. At Recro, you will be
empowered to deliver your best work.
- A Great Place to Grow - We believe in our people and maximizing
your potential. At Recro, we continue to look into the future and
invest in each other through teamwork, collaboration, and
Keywords: Recro, Washington DC , Cyber Security Engineer, Principle, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!