Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Virgin Galactic
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Who We Are
Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE), recognizes
that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining
life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use
of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our
understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human
ingenuity, physiology and psychology.
From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward
and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are
arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more
that unites us than divides us.
"We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer
twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody
- and change the world for good." Sir Richard Branson, Founder,
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite
your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are
exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make
things happen - apply today!
Supplier Quality Engineer
* Plans and conducts audits and assessments of supplier's systems,
processes and documents and reports audit and assessment
* Analyze supplier performance and develop improvement plans for
identified problem areas to drive down supplier DPPM and
* Use Six Sigma & Lean concepts for supplier improvement of quality
and delivery metric
* Assists with assessments of supplier capability and capacity to
perform current and potential future work.
* Drive supplier performance that meet or exceeds quality goals
established by the business including targets created for each
* Provides supplier education and coaching on quality systems,
regulatory compliance issues and company
* Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of
corrective actions or other supplier quality improvement
* Assist in the development of supplier scorecard
* Travel to suppliers as required.
What You Bring
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or business-related field is
desired; or 6 years related experience and/or training in
manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education
and Supplier Quality Engineering experience and ASQ
* Experience with data analyzes.
* Ability to understand drawings/specifications and interpret
* Working knowledge of AS9100 and FAA conformity process.
* Effective communication & presentation skills both written &
oral; ability to manage multiple
* Self-starter, able to self-motivate and complete tasks with
* Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
* Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and
PowerPoint Applicants must be "U.S. persons" as defined by the ITAR
(22 CFR 120.15) Preferred Skills and Experience
* Familiarity with ISO-9001, AS9100, AS9102.
* Practical knowledge of Aerospace or commercial equivalent
Preventative tools - SPC, FMEA, QFD, PPAP, APQP
* Six Sigma training (Yellow or Green Belt)
* American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification (CQE, CQM/OE,
CSQE, CQA, CRE, etc.)
* Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with
multiple suppliers / customers
* Experience with the requirements or standards such as FAA CFR 14,
Part 400, Part 23 and
To conform to U.S, government space technology export regulations,
applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the
U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR section
120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the
U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with
Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental
or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines
are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as newly hired
As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof
that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19virus, ("fully
vaccinated" means at least two week have expired since receiving
the vaccination's last dose as recommended by the manufacturer). If
you are offered employment, this requirement must be met be your
date of hire. Virgin Galactic complies with federal, state, and
local laws with regard to accommodations related to this
Keywords: Virgin Galactic, Washington DC , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!