Network Engineer Advisor - TS/SCI - Springfield, VA
Company: NES Associates
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Senior Network Engineer
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest
long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information
Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a
cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information
sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and
coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally
dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X
team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We
are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for
solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced
As the Senior Network Engineer, your role is to ensure the
stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house
information systems that support the USBICES-X program. This is
achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all
networked software associated operating systems. The Senior Network
Engineer will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving
skills to help identify, communicate and resolves issues in order
to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Strategy & Planning
* Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable
operation of software and systems for fulfilling business
objectives and processes.
* Work with executive team members, decision makers, and
stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and
to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Designs and defines network architecture for new or existing
* Performs complex network development and design work.
* Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of
* Provides input for documentation on new or existing networks.
* Develops and conducts tests to ensure networks meet documented
* Identify, analyze, and resolve network problems.
* Provide network/equipment/specialized training and technical
* Conduct new site installs or individual equipment installs.
* Design network specifications, input/output processes, and
working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
* May provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced team
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as
* Comprehensive knowledge of network engineering principles,
methods, and techniques.
* Fundamental knowledge of client host and print install and
* Inventory, Install and configure voice, video, clients and other
end point devices in addition to standard network equipment.
* Conduct site surveys to gather requirements and determine scope,
and possible solutions for customers at local and remote
* Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and
* Participate in special projects as assigned.
* Will act as facilitator and coordinator between multiple
technical specialties to resolve on-site and remote installs,
configurations, or incident resolution.
* This position may be required to complete short-term deployments
to PACOM AOR, must be willing to travel.
* 5+ years of related experience.
* Bachelor's degree - may substitute additional years of
* Must possess a current CompTIA Security+ CE certification
* Must possess a completed CCNA certification.
* Must possess a CCNP certification.
* Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security
* Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II
access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must
obtain ITIL Foundation within six months of hire. Additional
specific certifications may be required, depending on job
* Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols
(e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP,
* Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and
* Ability to configure and troubleshoot Multicast
* Ability to configure and troubleshoot DMVPN and GRE tunnels
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
* Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and
multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work
* Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize work and work
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Great attention to detail and presentation
* Results driven, highly efficient, energetic and highly
* Must possess a high degree of intelligence, competence, maturity,
adaptability, resilience, integrity and initiative
* The work is typically performed at client site locations, which
requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical
effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
* Clear understanding of Client services.
* Completed CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Enterprise
* Knowledge and experience with VoIP/collaboration systems
* Knowledge and experience with HAIPE-based encryption devices
* Knowledge of Virtualization technologies
* Knowledge and experience with data center networking
* Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
* Understanding of network virtualization
* Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center
Virtualization Fundamentals course
* Understanding of VxRail Manager and best practices
* Microsoft Certifications desired
* Win 10 Certification highly desired
* Any ITIL or related process experience or certifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate
applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of
its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however,
GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend
on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: NES Associates, Washington DC , Network Engineer Advisor - TS/SCI - Springfield, VA, Engineering , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!