Unified Communications Engineer- TS/SCI required
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:Top Secret/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top
Secret SCI + PolygraphSuitability:No Suitability RequiredPublic
Trust/Other Required:NoneJob Family:Network EngineeringJob
- Responsible for the design and development of Unified
- Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, and integration
with data communications networks, including planning, designing,
evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol
- Plans network layouts and configures systems for user
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as
subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced
network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Meet with various customers to determine strategic video and
- Maintain proper documentation of systems configurations, to
include drawings and standard operating procedures
- Review reports and logs for problems and identify appropriate
solutions to include developing work flow for lower tier support
- Provide primary and backup support in maintenance of Video and
UC hardware and software
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related
technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education,
technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and
- Experience in Voice and Video Engineering, Infrastructure
- Design, Maintenance, Support, Deployment, Implementation,
- Advanced knowledge in Cisco Unified Communications Systems,
CUCM - Cisco Unified Communication Manager - Cisco Unified Call
Manager, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Voice DR, VoIP, Voice
Engineering, Video Conferencing and Collaborative Tools,
integrating video into Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Prime
Collaboration Cisco Voice and Video Collaboration Systems, Cisco
Voice Cluster, Cisco Voice DR
- Experience with Cisco Data Networking switching and routing but
expertise is in Voice, VoIP, and DVTC
- QoS Quality of Service
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Streaming Video
- Tandberg and Cisco Video devices including end points and
Mutli-point Control Units (MCU)s.
- UCCX - Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- UCCE - Cisco Unified Customer Contact Enterprise
- CUCME - Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
IAT Level II Cert Required, Sec + level Certification.
Requires TS/SCI and ability pass and maintain CI Poly
Cisco CCIE Collaboration, CCNP Voice - Cisco Certified Network
Professional Voice, CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Associate
Voice, CCVP - Cisco Certified Voice Professional
Benefits of this Position:
Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your
Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
Become part of an organization that that is committed to the
highest ethical standards in all that we do
Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability
to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions,
building your career within GDIT
Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in
several locations in the United States and the world
Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance
Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers'
challenges through future-focused technology and services,
ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government,
defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and
cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a
difference - helping our customers to advance mission performance,
transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:Less than 10%Telecommuting
Options:OnsiteWork Location:USA DC Washington - 200 MacDill Blvd
(DCC174)Additional Work Locations:COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does
not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To
protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with
customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The
people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics, Washington DC , Unified Communications Engineer- TS/SCI required, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!