Network Engineer (Night Shift)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are seeking a Network Engineer (night shift) to support a
network providing monitoring and incident management services to
our U.S. Navy Customer on site at the Washington Navy Yard, DC.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active DoD Top Secret clearance
What will you do:
- Create and resolve incident cases using BMC Remedy ITSM.
- Working in a team environment and will be responsible for
creating incident tickets, troubleshooting network related
incidents, contacting site contacts for touch labor support, work
with various circuit providers to repair circuits and coordinate
efforts to resolve network outages.
- Gain exposure to a variety of technologies including enterprise
radio, microwave back-hauls and wireless access points.
- Monitor and maintain the Navy Public Safety Network by helping
to troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain networks.
- Interfacing with customers and government representatives on
network issues that are varied and range from simple to
- Provide in-depth knowledge and technical expertise in the areas
of design, installation, maintenance, and support of network
infrastructure following established methodologies and
- Perform extensive root cause analysis, problem determination,
and support of technical issues related to MPLS, IPSec, basic
router/switch/firewall configurations, and diverse routing
- Handle level 2 & 3 escalation issues through troubleshooting
highly complex network infrastructure problems.
- Resolution is both reactive and proactive; typically requires
significant research and analysis and working closely with the
customer POC onsite in client location.Required:
- BS 2-4 Years, MS 0-2 or HS+ 6 years experience
- This position requires individual to work Night Shift.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Juniper and Cisco network
- 2+ years working knowledge of Layer-3, VPNs, BGP, OSPF,
firewall policy, VLAN management
- 2+ years of the following: Ethernet, Ethernet Switching, IP, IP
assignment, and IP routing
- Must be able to obtain a Comptia Security + certification per
DOD 8570 policy compliance within 90 days after employment if you
do not currently hold certificationDesired Experience:
- You have a CCNA certification or other networking
- Have proficiency in Network Monitoring/Management Systems
- Possess good analytical skills and experience with
forward/reverse chaining troubleshooting techniques
- Have experience with cable plant management for data and
service provider connectivity
- Are a reliable self-starter with the ability to follow
instructions when needed and complete tasks in a timely
fashionBenefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep
you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are
fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully
comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition
assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you
all the way.Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the
globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the
world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative
enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly
differentiated national security solutions and technologies that
keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to
essential government agencies across the intelligence, space,
cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets.
Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most
daunting challenges facing our customers.Colorado Salary Minimum:
Colorado Salary Maximum: $121,400
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this
position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation
package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses,
short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In
addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Keywords: Peraton, Washington DC , Network Engineer (Night Shift), Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!