Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our global
platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their
favorite stars and creators and through our Cameo for Business
platform, all companies can now leverage the power of celebrity at
scale. The key to our success? Our outstanding Cameo Fameo. The
people behind the scenes, spreading joy to our talent and their
fans - as well as their fellow colleagues - each and every day.
From product marketers to talent relations managers, software
engineers and recruiters, the Cameo team is made up of the
brightest minds in the biz. As we grow, our core values and startup
mentality remain; we value creativity, hard work, collaboration,
direct dialogue and feedback, and the continued development of our
people. We are a fully distributed, highly connected company (TL;DR
no company offices . For more information, please visit
Our team is guided by four core values, and we like to share them
early on to set the stage!
- Roll out the Red Carpet - Do you welcome everyone just as they
- Make it Memorable - When was the last time you said, "wow, that
sh!t was cool!"
- Run Through Walls - How do you create purpose from
- Fight for Simplicity - Get comfortable with saying no and
intentional when saying yes.
A few more things to consider:
---- Our employees are called the Cameo Fameo, and our team means
everything to us. Join smart, curious, humble individuals from all
over the world and experience what it's like to love where you
---- Humble brag - we're honored to be named one of LinkedIn's Top
50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America's Best Startup
Employers by Forbes, the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by
Fast Company, and recently raised a $100M Series C.
---- Trade those commute hours for more time to do what makes YOU
happy. We're a Work From Anywhere in the U.S company, with an
entirely distributed team, so as long as you've got WiFi, you're
perfect to us. Don't worry, we find ample time throughout the year
to come together and celebrate our wins IRL!
---- The goods - competitive salaries, equity, health insurance,
401(k), wellness perks, unlimited PTO, Heads Down Hump Days ----
(aka no recurring meetings), and an annual talent show that will
have you LOL-ing - just to name a few. Oh, and did we mention Cameo
works with noteworthy actors, athletes, musicians, your favorite
creators, global superstars, famous furry friends and more!?
Engineering Culture and Values:Check out our Key Values profile
About the role:
You will be helping us improve & scale the platform that connects
fans and talent to create the perfect video shoutout. In
particular, you will help us make sure we can support our growing
fan base securely and performantly.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be working across multiple
technologies, primarily supporting our backend API (node.js +
express), database (mongoDB), and infrastructure (AWS +
Kubernetes/EKS + Redis + ElasticSearch + Kafka/Streaming).
What you'll be doing:
- As part of the Cameo Platform team continuously design, build,
maintain and monitor the core infrastructure used by Cameo's
- You'll take part in the planning process for the growth of
- Become well versed with Cameo's tech stack allowing you to
debug production issues at all levels of the stack
- You will help drive a DevOps mindset and culture across the
- You will collaborate with other teams like sales, marketing and
data to make the talent experience fun and engaging, and help us
deliver that perfect Cameo.
A few things about yourself:
- You take pride in your work
- You are a self leader
- You have a strong product sense
- You are a doer who is comfortable with ambiguity
- 3+ years building + scaling web applications and
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring and/or
Things we hope you'll bring to the table:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins Declarative Pipelines) for both
web and mobile applications
- Experience building and supporting a docker based local
- Experience with Kafka
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (Mongo)
- Familiarity with Redis & Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with NodeJS
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person
who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis
of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and
Please consult the Notice to California Residents contained in
for information regarding your rights under the California Consumer
Privacy Act if you are a California resident. We are working on
becoming compliant with Colorado regulations. Until then, this role
can not be performed in Colorado.
Keywords: Cameo, Washington DC , Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!