Senior Network Engineer and Solution Architect (III)
Company: Hill Associates Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Hill Associates Corporation is seeking a Senior Network Engineer
and Solution Architect to join our team supporting a large
Washington, D.C. Federal agency. It will involve interfacing with
service owners and other key stakeholders that are both federal
employees and contractors, working with both technical and
financial stakeholders, and program customers.
Come join a dedicated, highly skilled team of solutions engineers
supporting enterprise IT infrastructure and services for large
federal agencies. As the Senior Network Engineer and Solution
Architect, you will help engineer IT service solutions and guide
the deployment, migration, and performance management of enterprise
Remote-based is currently supported due to COVID- 19 (in the
Washington, D.C. area) but the position is likely to transition to
on-site work at a customer location in Washington, D.C. Telework
options will be available upon a transition back to the governments
normal operating posture with on-site work.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Analyze network systems and develop technical
- Develop network system design and optimization
- Develop and execute implementation plans and performance
- Prepare customer presentations, project plans, and work
- Oversee network operations supporting enterprise services and
- Develop and oversee implementations of network change requests
for firewalls, routing, switching, proxy services, VPN, DNS, mail,
SD-WAN and public cloud service deployments.
- Provide problem identification, escalation, and resolution of
WAN/LAN performance, hardware, network carriers, and security
issues in cooperation with the network services provider and
Government agency customers.
- Identify routing and network access control requirements &
resolution of related issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide recommendations for issue
resolution, optimization, and configuration enhancements (e.g.,
QoS, TCP optimization).
- Assist customers in developing and troubleshooting network
firewall access control policies.
- Develop network monitoring and management procedures using
tools that complement/supplement those in use by the network
service provider and Government agency customers.
- Provide technical consulting and engineering support to the
government program and project managers
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- U.S. Citizen (mandatory).
- 7 - 10 years of demonstrated experience in an IP-based
enterprise network environment as a network engineer.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with Cisco
technology routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN is a must.
- Cloud network solutions development and/or IPv6 experience in a
Cisco environment is a plus.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls and FortiManager is a
- Experience designing and deploying SD-WAN solutions is a
- Solid understanding of WAN/LANs, network operating systems,
enterprise architectures, routing, and transport protocols.
- Proven WAN/LAN systems engineering, configuration, analysis,
implementation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in a
- Must be able to successfully obtain and hold Secret security
- Prior work in a Government IT environment and industry
certifications (e.g., CCNA/CCNP, CISSP, or other network or
telecommunications vendors/technologies) is desirable
What We Can Offer You:
Hill Associates is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status,
veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other
characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Hill Associates Recruiting Team at
202-656-6505 or via email at . All information you provide will be
kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to
provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Hill Associates offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that
includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package
that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Hill Associates Corporation, Washington DC , Senior Network Engineer and Solution Architect (III), Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!