Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description: Leidos has an immediate opening for
a Network Engineer to join and grow with our Corporate IT Services
Team. This position can be supported in Orlando - FL, Reston, VA,
or Gaithersburg - MD. We are mostly on telework at the moment due
to the pandemic, but will return to partial onsite support (2 - 3
days per week) when it's safe to do so. Please note that you will
need to support standard East Coast (US) work hours in this role.In
this role, you will research and provide design level solutions for
the current corporate WAN / LAN system within LEIDOS taking into
account availability, scalability, security and manageability as
appropriate. You will also perform network engineering on a broad
range of programs providing overall support for various
business-critical networks. Some tasks involve the full system
engineering life-cycle including project management, requirements
analysis, design, development, integration, test, and
implementation.You will provide support for WAN / LAN / Data Center
Network / DNS / DHCP / Wi-Fi / WAN Acceleration, including:
- Research and Provide recommendations to Operations on what
features to enable and how to use them.
- Assist with Tier III support to Operations in support, as
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets
associated with observations within each area.
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement
engineering support within each area.
- Develop for each area a system analysis and design documents
for Leidos' corporate architecture, specific projects, assessment
of business process and design artifacts provided by project,
program or service support staff.
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging
configuration, implementation and support as applicable.Required
- Bachelor's degree and 2 - 4 years of IT related experience,
including Network Administration / Engineering. Additional years of
relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's
- Able and willing to support standard East Coast (US) work
- Experience with CISCO Switching: STP, RSTP, MST, LAN tuning /
protection, VTP, Vlans, 802.1Q / ISL trunk connections, Understand
MAC / ARP tables.
- Experience with Cisco WAN/LAN technologies - Primary routing
protocols EIGRP / BGP, some OSPF / RIP (ISIS Not required),
redistribution, route maps, Access Control lists (ACL), IP Subnet/
Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), SNMPv2 / SNMPv3.
- Experience with Network Hardware Design and Configuration,
Network Troubleshooting, Network Performance Tuning.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance is
- Experience with WAN and VPN / VRF Solutions, MPLS, DMVPN
Phase1/2/3, IPsec, IPsec/GRE, and Performance Routing.
- Experience with SilverPeak SD WAN / WAN
- Experience with Network Access Controls (NAC) / 802.1X
- Experience with Aruba WI-FI Solution / product line.
- Experience with Multicast.
- Experience with Arista Product Line / Software Defined Data
- Experience with VMWare / NSX-T routing / Software Defined Data
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for new
- Experience with DNS/DHCP, IPAM (BlueCat), load balancers (F5),
and Authentication Systems (Clearpass), SSL VPN.
- Experience with enterprise network management tools such as
HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Smartnet, LiveAction, Splunk, or similar
technologies with WAN/SDWAN/SDN system analysis and design
- VoIP implementation and Support.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- Knowledge of IPv6 addressing and routing protocols.
- Current or former Cisco certifications - CCNA and above Pay
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Network Engineer, Engineering , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!