Senior AWS Cloud SecOps and Automation Engineer
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Senior AWS Cloud SecOps and Automation Engineer Type of
Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: NoneSuitability:Agency
SpecificPublic Trust/Other Required:Job Family:CloudJob
Description:Senior AWS Cloud SecOps and Automation EngineerLooking
for an experienced Senior AWS Cloud SecOps and Automation Engineer
to join our Cloud Engineering and Migration team to support current
cloud requirements, cloud migration and deployment of new
requirements to the AWS Cloud environment for our federal
customers. As a Senior AWS Cloud SecOps and Automation Engineer,
you will work with a team of Architects and Subject Matter Experts
to engineer/develop, migrate and implement secure cloud solutions
using AWS. In this role, the candidate should have a strong
experience with AWS services and technologies, application, server,
network security, and hands-on automation experience. We are
looking for a highly motivated professional who embraces the
DevOps/SecOps culture and is a self-starter who can deliver AWS
services with minimal guidance. If you are passionate about
teaching, learning, automating, and working in a highly
collaborative environment, we want to hear from you. Job
- Develop automated operations with the responsibility for the
design, development and support of all security services.
- Manually or semi-automatically operate all non-automated
operational security activities.
- Participate on agile DevOps and agile SecOps cross-functional
teams using AWS Cloud technologies and tools to achieve a high
level of performance and quality in delivering projects that
provide exceptional business value to the customer.
- Employ Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
methodology to enable automation for building, testing, and
deployment of applications.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationships with
a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers
- Lead and participate in sprint demonstration meetings and
progress briefings to the customer; follow up on direction given by
customer with action items, questions, documentation, etc.
- Provide coaching, training, and mentoring to team members as
needed to ensure consistency and adherence to standards relevant to
agile release cycle. Key Requirements:
- U. S. Citizen
- Public Trust clearance or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology, or a related discipline
- AWS Certified Security Specialty Certification
- 3+ years' AWS experience in a SecOps role designing,
developing, testing, integrating, and deploying and migrating
security applications and services to AWS environment(s)
- 3+ years' experience with CI/CD to design and automate
building, testing and deployment of applications using GitLab,
SonaType Nexus, JIRA, Lambda, Bash, and other tools
- 3+ years' AWS experience implementing, migrating, managing, and
operating security systems/applications to AWS environments
- Must possess strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal
skills, and demonstrated experience working with senior level
stakeholders and development teams
- Competent communication skills, both orally and in writing to
convey complex technical concepts to less technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn
- Must be able to work in a matrixed organization
- Must be able to articulate security technologies and approaches
to all levels of customer and contractor personnelResponsibilities:
The Senior AWS Cloud SecOps and Automation Engineer is responsible
for the following tasks:
- Create, configure, maintain and document the AWS Organization's
Service Control Policies (SCP).
- Create, configure, maintain, and document common AWS Identity &
Access Management (IAM) roles and policies.
- Review all the customer's and business unit IAM roles and
policies to ensure leas privilege configuration.
- Review all the customer's business unit Security groups to
ensure least privilege configuration.
- Coordinate customer access approval and review integration and
operation with general access approval and review systems.
- Provide secure AWS Key Management (KMS) Customer Managed Keys
(KMS) via a Crypto Officer role.
- Ensure that appropriate AD users are added to AD groups that
permit federating into IAM roles.
- Provide secure remote access into the customer's domains.
- Provide threat protection and vulnerability management.
- Maintain and secure the customer's root account
- Maintain the customer's System Security Plan and related
- 5+ years' AWS experience in a SecOps role developing, testing,
integrating and deploying and migrating security applications and
- 5+ years' experience working within a DevSecOps/SecOps
environment, utilizing AWS services, solutions, and
provisioning/automating AWS infrastructure, services and
- Experience developing, testing, debugging and integrating
applications using Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Java, Java Script,
Python, JSON etc.
- Experience developing, testing and integrating APIs /
Interfaces using Java, Java Script, JSON, XML, YAML etc.
- Experience developing, testing, debugging and integrating Web
Services using REST APIs, XML, SOAP and other protocols.
- Experience developing, testing, debugging and integrating REST
APIs / Web Services using Configuration languages (JSON, YAML) and
- Experience using traditional SQL databases including experience
developing SQL (DDL, DML) queries.
- Experience with containers/Docker/Kubernetes (and/or EKS).
Note: Remote/Telework options are subject to Client's
approval/guidelines.Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:None T
elecommuting Options: Some Telecommuting AllowedWork Location:USA
DC WashingtonAdditional Work Locations:We are GDIT. The people
supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class. We connect people with the most
impactful client missions, creating an unparalleled work experience
that allows them to see their impact every day. We create
opportunities for our people to lead and learn simultaneously. From
securing our nation's most sensitive systems, to enabling digital
transformation and cloud adoption, our people are the ones who make
change real. Suggested Jobs
- Senior AWS Cloud DevOps and Automation Engineer Posted 4 Days
Ago - USA DC Washington
- Senior AWS Cloud Cost Management Engineer Posted Yesterday -
USA DC Washington
- Cloud Architech AWS Master Posted 30+ Days Ago - USA DC
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Power Platform engineer Posted 7 Days Ago
- USA DC Washington Sr Systems Engineer - Server Virtualization /
VMWare - Active TS w/ SCI eligibility required
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington DC , Senior AWS Cloud SecOps and Automation Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!