Company: Seneca Resources
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Position Title: SCCM Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Type: Public Trust
Position Status: Contract to hire--
Seneca's client is seeking a SCCM Engineer (Public Trust required;
must pass government background check before start) on the Client
Engineer team for a federal government customer located at the
customer site (no telework) to perform the following:
- (Primary) Upgrade tect environment SCCM 2016 Current Branch;
set up production SCCM 2016 Current Branch, distribution points,
BitLocker administration, reporting;
- (Secondary) Provide operations and maintenance support of
production Microsoft System Center Configuration Management current
branch including troubleshooting errors/issues, patching, and
- (Tertiary) Identify, mitigate and patch Microsoft Systems
Center and server vulnerabilities using approved systems and tools;
work with desktop engineers to create and maintain Windows 7/10
workstation images and application software packages using SCCM.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Add new features and components such as SCSM and Orchestrator
to Microsoft Systems Center.
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and add new distribution points
- Provide vulnerability management for the SCCM
- Using environmental scan reports, pro-actively identify the
severity of the vulnerability as well as the items affected in
accordance with the Vulnerability Management Policy.
- Document and complete the assessment, actionable items,
remediation, and reconciliation items for each identified
vulnerability in a project ticket within required time frames.
- Review Microsoft Security TechCenter, National Vulnerability
Database (NVD), Common Vulnerabilities Exposures (CVE) and other
applicable sources to provide Vulnerability Assessment.
- Open related tasks or deployments and oversee the change
requests, including owning the presentation for the internal Change
- Communicate with systems owners regarding actions needed to
remediate vulnerability.Required Education/Experience: 10 Years
with Bachelor's degree in IT related field or without degree, 12
years of experience related to position.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and maintaining SCCM 2007 and
2016 Current Branch
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Maintaining desktop/laptop Windows 7 and Windows 10 images and
deployment using SCCM
- Working knowledge of Group Policy Management
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012,
- Understanding of registry keys
- Senior level knowledge of System Configuration Center
Management 2016 Current Branch.
- Utilizing SCCM and WSUS for Microsoft security patches,
- Microsoft SQL Server, Linux, SSL, VMWare, SSH
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008 / 2010
- Creating software packages in SCCM
- Windows 10 OS image maintenance
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office SuiteRequired
Certifications (any one of the following):
- MCTS, MCSE, MCSA, or SCCM
- CompTIA Security+
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- VMWare Desktop and Mobility certification or equivalent--
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information
Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to
government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services
provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania &
Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key
to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which
drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work,
and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive
professional training, and excellent opportunities for career
advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to
join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of
diversity in our workplace.
Keywords: Seneca Resources, Washington DC , SCCM Engineer, Engineering , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!